Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Member - 2016 Redline W375

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
LOL, my bad for steering you wrong.

Welcome to the forum, I'll try to be more helpful in the future :oops:

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Jeez man, never knew the Navy paid so well! Settle into a cam (usually 1/2 that price, no point in paying more under Consumer Law), you can get comparable power without supercharging.
Else why not get an HSV pose car?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I think the only benefit of getting said cam from Walkinshaw, is that Holden will still warrant the car...not that it has long left for warranty. It is my fervent hope that having a unified lineage of wholly Walkinshaw products, gives me an edge at sales time (wishful thinking!)
Here we go...
Nah mate, read whatever sales brochure or disclaimer again. Holden has to warrant any cam exactly same. Your Walkinshaw insurance policy (premium) is pretty shiit actually when push comes to shove. Read about W457 engine recently put the insurance clause to the test, interesting read on here, search box top right.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Point taken, but having the cam done there or elsewhere, would then yield the same experience. I'm still happy to have the W on the back.
Fer softies, of course your call but perhaps worth actually getting a handle on the options at a grass-roots level and make an informed decision versus one size fits all off the shelf?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Please accept apologies in advance, I am not savvy with Forums. I am cutting and pasting a post from another thread, where I merely joined in by mistake!

My name is Tryg, I'm new here and am from Toowoomba QLD. I was a 25-year Navy veteran and am now a tertiary-pathway commercial photographer. I love taking pictures of cars and bikes...gotta have a good time when working!

I thank everyone for their contributions to this knowledge base. I have read much about mods that I have planned for my 2016 VF2 SSV-Redline. For now, it only has the Walkinshaw W375 package and a bit of folly...a dipped motor cover. Next few weeks it will be getting the W407 and the 6-pot red Brembo fronts from the CTS-V, DBA 5000 T3 front rotors, 4000 T3 rears, Remsa Pads all round and stainless braided lines. My ultimate aim is to save the $16k for the W547 blower package. I am keeping the stock 19" Redline Wheels. Hopefully, the big brakes will be the only tell, and it will look fairly stock.
https://ibb.co/eWjEKH
https://ibb.co/dUdcpH
https://ibb.co/kcuNOc

Nice pics.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Fer softies, of course your call but perhaps worth actually getting a handle on the options at a grass-roots level and make an informed decision versus one size fits all off the shelf?

Well...

Last edited:

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
I like the engine cover.

Why no infill panel to cover the hole left when the original air box was removed?

D72_4469.jpg