Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Member - 2016 Redline W375

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Fair enough, not cutting you down trying to empower you and bring you up to speed with what I have learned and gained by not shopping at those retail stores.
Also is not about money, you have read me incorrectly. I think you should spend twice as much, seriously.
Anyway of course go crazy with the stickers and badges man, your float your parade.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Are your posts always going to be passive-aggressive?!

I think most people won't understand why I am pouring money into a Redline, rather than just opting to buy a readymade GTS. People have their reasons, not always inline with others.
Are your posts always going to be ignorant of what others have to say? Elitist and ill-informed look and read like a pithy sales brochure?
This is a forum as in free speech, not meant to be offensive suggesting you review the choices in light of those with more experience. Harden up sailor. Worse things happen at sea you know?

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
I'm happy to leave it at that.

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Well I think that about cover the topic of pro's and con's of said supplier. Lets drop the subject and continue onward.

Monstar is rather passionate on this particular subject and he's like a dog with a bone (or a Pir4te with his brew ;) ) and struggles to accept other people may take a different route to that he has chosen.

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
Hey. Heard u are after perhaps to supercharge your redline. Abit curious as to why u didn’t buy the factory supercharged one in the first place. It’s got the engine that’s factory designed to accept supercharging.

It seems a lot of people do the PD supercharger on the high comp engine but I’d be a little concerened about the cylinder pressures at lower rpm. A centrifugal prob better for the engine although not the torque of the PD blower down low.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Hey. Heard u are after perhaps to supercharge your redline. Abit curious as to why u didn’t buy the factory supercharged one in the first place. It’s got the engine that’s factory designed to accept supercharging.

It seems a lot of people do the PD supercharger on the high comp engine but I’d be a little concerened about the cylinder pressures at lower rpm. A centrifugal prob better for the engine although not the torque of the PD blower down low.
Anyway is not personal, let’s kick the ball not the player.
The (W407) 224/228 cam is designed for NA not anywhere near optimised for supercharging, although of course you can puff up any combo.
Weird the claim of 547 Kw with said components in that kit actually, especially given reviews best package mid 4s 0-100.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Anyway is not personal, let’s kick the ball not the player.
The (W407) 224/228 cam is designed for NA not anywhere near optimised for supercharging, although of course you can puff up any combo.
Weird the claim of 547 Kw with said components in that kit actually, especially given reviews best package mid 4s 0-100.

Maybe they are using the n/a style cam with the supercharger to bleed off some boost/cyl pressure at low rpm for the higher CR of the n/a engine?