Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Member - 2016 Redline W375

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
I didn’t buy an LSA, because I don’t like the looks of the Clubsport or GTS. There’s still an option to buy a crated LSA, I guess. There’s quite a crowd of enthusiastic owners who have gone this route (maybe they’re just not on here), I’ve met a few out on photographic assignment.

I prefer the look of the Holden over the hsv also. As u have said lots of others have gone the PD blower with success but they would experience heat soak and the water /air intercooler would be heat laden. The ecu will pull massive timing once a few bursts of acceleration occur and reduce power by as much as 20%, hence possible lacklustre acceleration times.

One solution may be to run flex fuel with a view to mainly run e85 which will control heat and thrive on the high comp with boost equation and get the biggest and baddest intercooler u can purchase.

I had the exact same issue with my supercharged 540i with centrifugal blower (10.5:1comp). The first burst of acceleration was brilliant then subsequent ones were reduced. Fixing up the intoercooling and removing the Ac condenser means I have full acceleration whatever the use and conditions. Even in high summer temps the performance barely drops off. Now looking at permanent e85 for insurance and to ensure consistent performance.

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
A lot of guys out there are using interchillers.

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Heat soak is the nemesis of all valley mounted blowers :(

If you want to hot lap a PD blown car and you want AC then the interchiller system works well but don't believe the hype that it's free power....

E85 is brilliant for blown cars (unfortunately it's not available at the bowser here in NZ :mad: )

edit: you just beat me....

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
I guess I never knew you could get one!

ve-infill-panel_1024x1024.jpg

https://vcmstore.com.au/collections/all/products/ve-vf-infill-panel

https://vcmstore.com.au/collections/all

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Maybe they are using the n/a style cam with the supercharger to bleed off some boost/cyl pressure at low rpm for the higher CR of the n/a engine?
Yeah maybe, is like the VCM 262 from memory, bleeding off sort of goes against the description of low rpm torque gain though. Need advertised to check events.
What would your solution be? What did you do to overcome this on yours?
F771701B-9BF5-4380-ABDE-14CEE4215DA8.jpeg

I’ve done a fair bit toward achieving high thermal efficiency from of this engine, is at 37% on e85, makes about same power as W547 but more reliable.
Click link in sig below for summary.