Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Member - 2016 Redline W375

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
E85 would be a good solution for sure. It will keep combustion chambers as cool as they can be with the PD. Trust me to drive a heat soaked engine will massive pulled back timing feels ****. Feels worse than having a lower powered car running sweet. It’s like it gives you power then takes it away is worse than not having it in the first place.

E85 has 30% less range so if u went the Pd path tuning it for flex fuel to run prodominantly on e85, then have the ability to run occasionally on Ron98 in a safe tune makes sense.

Maybe do some research on running NA with vvt setup. U could prob do on less budget than FI but it’s less “plug and play” so this is why few people go this way.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
@Mike Litherous if you are logging 30% less range either something’s out of whack else you’ve got it running into PE.
I found about 18% less range stock on a VEII V8, and by tweaking for ethanol I can get (slightly) more range than petrol.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
E85 is brilliant for blown cars (unfortunately it's not available at the bowser here in NZ :mad: )
Technically you are incorrect... we have e85 on pump at the gull station here in pukekohe (due to the racetrack I’m picking) also at the gull in Hampton downs and at one of the gull stations in Hamilton

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
E85 is brilliant for blown cars (unfortunately it's not available at the bowser here in NZ :mad: )
Technically you are incorrect... we have e85 on pump at the gull station here in pukekohe (due to the racetrack I’m picking) also at the gull in Hampton downs and at one of the gull stations in Hamilton

Yep, I know about them but unless the missus can pull in at any station and fill it up I ain't touching it. It's also treated like a premium fuel and charged for accordingly which is a rip. My argument still stands, it's not a fuel available at a regular service station anywhere around the country and I don't want to do a 100km round trip every time I need to fill the tank.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I’m only talking about Walkinshaw, because that’s my exposure to modifications.
For a productised modification fantic to detail advances in LS internal component metallurgy for high horsepower modifications like a boss shows an impressive amount of research o_O
Retail upgrades don’t seem to worry about engineering stuff at that level.

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
@Mike Litherous if you are logging 30% less range either something’s out of whack else you’ve got it running into PE.
I found about 18% less range stock on a VEII V8, and by tweaking for ethanol I can get (slightly) more range than petrol.

Yeah it’s out of wack just compromise tuned on the airflow meter spring (non commodore). The real tuning will begin when the haltech goes in with the intergrated wideband, slotted cams wheels, and flex fuel sensor. It’s about 1 month away from starting. Gotta get the other car finished first. When comes time I’ll pick your brain for tuning.

Sorry OP for temp thread hyjack.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Yeah it’s out of wack just compromise tuned on the airflow meter spring (non commodore). The real tuning will begin when the haltech goes in with the intergrated wideband, slotted cams wheels, and flex fuel sensor. It’s about 1 month away from starting. Gotta get the other car finished first. When comes time I’ll pick your brain for tuning.
Love to help people in the detail actually, organic collaborative mods are more satisfying than hotrod shopping Prêt-à-Porter. Unless of course you have no time and no clue then go the LSA swap :D
Slotted cam wheels is reluctor for Haltec?