Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Member Introduction

DrewW210

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman S2 5.0L
Hey Everyone

I’m new to the forum and I thought I would give you a little story to introduce myself. I bought a 1996 VS Statesman 5.0L about 8 months ago. I was originally looking for a VS Calais with a good V6 for a daily drive. I have a car that people keep running into so I thought that I would take it off the road and only use it for club meets and cruises. After a couple of months of no luck and yet another 17 year old running into my brand new 1 week old bumper, I lost my head and bought the V8. Best decision I ever made.

Since then I’ve only had one major issue. A split transmission cooler hose combined with someone (not me) continuing to drive it around left me with a cooked transmission. Apart from that, the donkey that owned it before me put the wrong O2 Sensor on it so it was using an average of 28L per 100Kms. After $100 bucks, it now uses less fuel than my other car (although still not economical).

Everything is in fantastic condition for it's age and everything works. Yes, even the analogue clock on the dash still keeps perfect time. Apart from the odd bump here and scrape there, I can’t fault it.

I do most of my own servicing and I have found this site to be one of the most valuable tools around for my DIY mechanics.

Screw fuel economy, the government won’t let us have V8’s for much longer anyway!!!

Cheers

Drew

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
Hey m8, welcome to the site..have to post up some pics of the beast for us all : )

VY Rossi

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY SS 5.7L M6
Do a flip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!