Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New member, My SSV!

bernssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series 2 SSV M6
G'day guys new member here and would like to introduce my pride and joy!
2011 Black SSV 6.0lt V8, Manual.
Purchased 25/03/14 Stock.
Was stoked with it initially but soon wanted that V8 rumble that the stock exhaust just didn't have!
Did my research on high quality exhausts for the VE and a couple of weeks later I ended up going full retard and getting-
KPM 3' Streetfighter full system.
KPM Full custom tune.
VCM OTR
The end result was 276rwkw on the KPM dyno but to be honest I don't give a stuff about numbers it sounds phenomenal and goes bloody hard :beer chug:
Future mods too many to mention haha

tips.jpgengine.jpgclean.jpgbetty4.jpg

Attachments

• exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 300
Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
An SSV with SS/SV6/Omega tail lights? WTF?

VTSSLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 A4 227rwkw
Doesn't seem to have projector headlights either (guessing from 2nd pic), I would say it's an SS with a badge? Could be wrong. Still looks good anyway.

bernssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series 2 SSV M6
front.JPGHey guys I had picked up on the tail lights earlier and it has been bugging me to be honest, it was sold to me by the dealer as a SSV and was sold to the original buyer as one. It has everything the SSV has bar the tail lights! The projectors, dual zone climate control, sat-nav, leather seats, 11 speaker stereo and the 19' rims.

bernssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series 2 SSV M6
IMG_1357.jpgIt has me stumped mate! Had a look in the original documents and it checks out?

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Nice car mate. I also have a 2011 SSV but ute version.

As for the tail lights, did you buy the car brand new from the lot?

Perhaps there could have been a rear end accident at the dealership or something and they just fixed it with standard tail lights instead of SSV ones. Seems odd that they would swap them back to anything other than SSV though.

Owell it is easy enough to replace the tail lights, probably pick up a pair of new or even a quality second hand set on eBay or something.

bernssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series 2 SSV M6
Cheers super, no it had 45,xxx on the clock when I picked her up. I went to the dealer today to check the VIN and it's all above board so whatever the story is with the lights is a mystery, an annoying one at that!
I spoke to the parts manager and he is trying to chase up some second hand ones for me, new ones are $500+ what a joke! I've had a look on ebay and there are some good looking replicas so if all else fails they will do and i'll whack them in :beer chug:

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Ahk fair enough, just a weird thing I guess.

Yeah they aren't cheap, same as S2 projectors, genuine models of them go for about $700 or more new. Just be wary using non genuine parts though as I have heard stories of them not being sealed properly and fogging up. I have no experience with that however as my lights are factory genuine.

bernssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series 2 SSV M6
Cheers for the heads up mate! Fingers crossed I can get some genuine second hand ones...

VTSSLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 A4 227rwkw
Very wierd! Have a look at holmart.com.au for the SSV lights, they look a million times better, especially on a black car.