Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New member, new(ish) SV6.

adclawrence

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Calais 3.6
Hi there!

Just got rid of my 02' X-Trail and upgraded to a beautiful 2012 VEII SV6 and I'm very proud of my recent purchase.

563141_240103436139873_26255669_n.jpg

Look forward to being a part of the forum community.

Cheers!

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Welcome looks good

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
She's looking good Vern , and welcome

Last edited:

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Identical to mine!

'Cept mine is LPG :D

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
Welcome! Looks good, what are the plans for your car?

adclawrence

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Calais 3.6
Welcome! Looks good, what are the plans for your car?

Thanks guys!

I haven't given much thought to what I might do as of yet, but I was thinking perhaps a 2.25" exhaust and definitely upgrading those dreadful door speakers hooked up to the dash audio.

This car is an ex GM with 14,600kms on the clock as of now, and came with the leather, sat nav and reverse camera options. Very happy.

However the other day I had the orange engine light stay on for the entire day. No beeping or warnings, ran a little rougher than usual but now it's back to normal. Bit odd.

Marko_SJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 utility
Nice sedan mate. Could it be MAF sensor causing it to be running rough? Although couldn't say why it would be faulty on such a new vehicle. Mine shakes around at idle sometimes but no check engine lights.

2.25 is what they have already isn't it? : VE SS exhaust on a VE SV6 [Archive] - Australian LS1 and Holden Forums

Maybe just change cats, hot-dogs and mufflers to get the note you are looking for. From the reading I did, stock size tubing flows ALMOST enough for a NA 6 litre.

I've got rear boxes only and am almost happy with it, only starts sounding harsh at high revs under heavy throttle.

Can't comment on audio stuff as its not my interest/forte.

adclawrence

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Calais 3.6
2.25 is what they have already isn't it? : VE SS exhaust on a VE SV6 [Archive] - Australian LS1 and Holden Forums

Maybe just change cats, hot-dogs and mufflers to get the note you are looking for. From the reading I did, stock size tubing flows ALMOST enough for a NA 6 litre.

I'll definitely look into that!

The check engine and rough running issue hasn't returned. Every car I've had has had the odd electrical fit. So I'm hoping it's that and nothing more. If it does return however, I'll check what's going on.

There's probably some threads around on changing door speakers. When I have enough time/cash to do anything with my car, I'll look into it. :)