Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new member/ what car

s65481

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS UTE
hey

selling my car

what should i buy
VS white stato, lowered, vy gts rims, supercharged

OR

VZ silver commodore SVZ, lowered, ve ss rims dvd player black leather interior

love the vs but thinking it is a bit old and may have problems with it

but i like the vz also cause its newer and looks hot

and no buying both is not an option

just asking for opinions :thumbsup:

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
get whichever one you like the best...

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
depends on your price range, if you can afford a vz, go for it.

vz's are good cars

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Why ask everyone else what you should get? It's your money, buy what YOU want. Everyone will tell you to buy something different.

badaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VX S
Are you old enough to drive a supercharged car? Who cares what people think it's your car and you have to be happy with it.

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
get a giant pushbike, more reliable than both

kramreltub

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF FORD FAIRMONT
New member-which car?

Hi Folks, I have just joined & am pretty keen to get a very CHEAP Commodore.
As an old guy (51), who has only ever had pre-1975 Holdens and have been driving an EF Ford Fairmont for the last 2 years-(which I HATE!), I need to know what model Commodore to try & buy & get outa Fords FOREVER!

I dont know much about these 'modern' computer cars BUT I know I NEVER EVER wanna FORD with an alloy head & plastic radiator-tanks & while I can work on early Holdens, I reckon its time to start on 1990s Commodores.

I'd prefer a V8 but dont have the BUCK$ at present so a V6 will do!
I'm not very familiar with them as until 2 years ago I still drove my old "Classics" but illness forced a sale & my son GAVE me the Ford- (that is the only way I'd get one!).

As I'm very broke, I need a cheap Commodore with good air-conditioning for my wife who is not real well-(allergic to QLD summers!), but I only can afford $1500 or so.

Which models are the best in this low price range?

What goes wrong & what do I look out for?

I've been told a VP/VR/VS would suit & having driven some of these models for short drives like what I felt & saw. Any advice would be much appreciated!
NO MORE 'Floppy Ford-alloy-heads' !!!

Cheers, kramreltub.:D

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Hi Folks, I have just joined & am pretty keen to get a very CHEAP Commodore.
As an old guy (51), who has only ever had pre-1975 Holdens and have been driving an EF Ford Fairmont for the last 2 years-(which I HATE!), I need to know what model Commodore to try & buy & get outa Fords FOREVER!

I dont know much about these 'modern' computer cars BUT I know I NEVER EVER wanna FORD with an alloy head & plastic radiator-tanks & while I can work on early Holdens, I reckon its time to start on 1990s Commodores.

I'd prefer a V8 but dont have the BUCK$ at present so a V6 will do!
I'm not very familiar with them as until 2 years ago I still drove my old "Classics" but illness forced a sale & my son GAVE me the Ford- (that is the only way I'd get one!).

As I'm very broke, I need a cheap Commodore with good air-conditioning for my wife who is not real well-(allergic to QLD summers!), but I only can afford $1500 or so.

Which models are the best in this low price range?

What goes wrong & what do I look out for?

I've been told a VP/VR/VS would suit & having driven some of these models for short drives like what I felt & saw. Any advice would be much appreciated!
NO MORE 'Floppy Ford-alloy-heads' !!!

Cheers, kramreltub.:D

The 304 V8's chew **** all fuel mate unless you give them a thrashing. They can still be pretty fuel economical. My VS Senator uses half a tank of fuel a week (about 40 and a bit litres) with a tune and 3" exhaust and giving it a bit of a spray every now and then.

Try and find a VN - VR 5 litre. Nothing special, just an Executive or a Berlina etc with a 5 litre transplant or even a VN - VS Calais 5 litre if you want a V8. They don't cost much.

kramreltub

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF FORD FAIRMONT
Sounds good!

The 304 V8's chew **** all fuel mate unless you give them a thrashing. They can still be pretty fuel economical. My VS Senator uses half a tank of fuel a week (about 40 and a bit litres) with a tune and 3" exhaust and giving it a bit of a spray every now and then.

Try and find a VN - VR 5 litre. Nothing special, just an Executive or a Berlina etc with a 5 litre transplant or even a VN - VS Calais 5 litre if you want a V8. They don't cost much.

Many thank nemisis & Cobez- I LIKE what you say!
I've always found V8s quite economical-(depending on the weight of the right foot!), & much more fun & also reliable. Do these 5- litres have CAST IRON heads?

Now I just gotta get familiar with the various models/years/letters=VN/VP/VR/etc-(Statos have different letters?), & check out the for sale ads.

No doubt, you'll be pestered by my STUPID questions for a long time yet!:bang:;)

Thanks & enjoy your Holdens-(while I wait).....:whistling

Cheers, kramreltub.:thumbsup: