Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new member with 1992 VP commodore sedan with lots of extras

VP_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 vp Executive sedan
lol ok thanks for the replys i found out it has some sort of chip in the ECU and has no stickers on it but it looks like this car will never get on the road as i have found a VP commodore with only 8000klm on the clock from new that i am waiting to pay for a man in his 90s got it new drove it for 8 months then parked it in the garage still has all its new tyres from holden and sevice books showing it has only done 8000klm has no rust or paint peeling but the breaks are stuck on so it will not move as its been sitting for so long and i don't know why but the check engine light is on so will be trying to fix it asap. and there is a big rush to get it moving and out as his garage made of wood is falling down around the car :doh: and if it falls it will crush the car into a pancake

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
maybe it just has F***ing horrible tyres on it ?
have you driven anything that has "decent" power on paper ?
maybe you just need something to compare it to, i admit when i drove my dads manual vn v6 i thought it was quick all it had was bolt ons.
i then drove a vk v8 and was amazed at how much quicker it was.

VP_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 vp Executive sedan
I tryed a friends stock v6 chip and my car has a big loss of power and is nicer to drive than when its other chip is put back in so i am starting to think it might be a burnout chip as the car revs hard to the point it backfires and even when i have the foot on the brake only and just let it sit..... the rear wheels slip and spin just from revs if i put it into reverse the wheels slip and thats before i take my foot off the brake friend with a vp says its revs are around 3k in park and idle

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Just curious have you driven it on bitumen?
Idol at 3000rpm!?!
Burnout chip?

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
lol ok thanks for the replys i found out it has some sort of chip in the ECU and has no stickers on it but it looks like this car will never get on the road as i have found a VP commodore with only 8000klm on the clock from new that i am waiting to pay for a man in his 90s got it new drove it for 8 months then parked it in the garage still has all its new tyres from holden and sevice books showing it has only done 8000klm has no rust or paint peeling but the breaks are stuck on so it will not move as its been sitting for so long and i don't know why but the check engine light is on so will be trying to fix it asap. and there is a big rush to get it moving and out as his garage made of wood is falling down around the car :doh: and if it falls it will crush the car into a pancake

Oh we are SO going to see pics and proof of this VP...I thought mine was a good find....VN with 27,000kms

Dazz

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016
I tryed a friends stock v6 chip and my car has a big loss of power and is nicer to drive than when its other chip is put back in so i am starting to think it might be a burnout chip as the car revs hard to the point it backfires and even when i have the foot on the brake only and just let it sit..... the rear wheels slip and spin just from revs if i put it into reverse the wheels slip and thats before i take my foot off the brake friend with a vp says its revs are around 3k in park and idle

mate you have made my day...:p

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
3k idle!!!
how is the motor not dead ? whats the revs at 100kph ?

VP_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 vp Executive sedan
Ok well it was like this when we got it and dad had his foot on the brake all the way home all the car wants to do is go but the was before i knew it had some sort of chip in it i was thinking it was dad being a hoon as he had a v6 at his foot not a 4cyl :lol: but this car will now be used as a parts car for the other that i hope to get soon as it needs new tyres as the others are cracked from being flat for so long and have found scratch marks down low where the guy has been walking past the car in the garage also smells like mice have been in it :hmmm: so maybe there are wires that have been made a meal so i hope to have photos soon but with my net problems i have to use a friends computer :computer:

lemusa

Unmotivated Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
The chip sounds like a burnout chip with stupid high idle revs. And a v6 isnt that exciting, and I drive one. Yes it's better than a 4 but hardly something to brag about. Especially the buick, most ancient pos ever but they go forever