Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new member with 1992 VP commodore sedan with lots of extras

VP_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 vp Executive sedan
Hi all

i have a 1992 VP sedan its what i call a "sleeper" has lots of power to the point i find it hard to drive.

i paid $600 in 2009 for this car it had was left outside and had not been driven or started since 2004 had no rego flat tyres and back in 2004 was parked in front of a bush which the ate the car we then cut the bush off the car to get in it.... got some fuel and a recond battery for $20 put it in the car and as the owner had lost the keys we had to hotwire it to get it to start so we started it... it started 1st time like it was only driven the day before so we put air in the tyres a drove it home that day after it had a wash as it had thick green moss on it :spew:

so its home and has been for 12 months as i am on land it gets a drive everyday and it still unreg but that will change soon i hope.

i am the 3rd owner since new 347.653klm on the clock new auto gearbox before i got it.

it has .........v6 p/s aircon alarm cruise control radio cassette electric mirrors and more

im starting to think it might have been and unmarked cop car at some point as it has more power than most stock VP's i am trying to find the ECU to see if it has a power chip in it as its last owner had not done anything to the car it was the same when he got it.

my plans

i hope to make it into a SV6 VP commodore group A body kit VZ SV6 voodoo blue paint colour and mags ....smoked tail lights.... leather seats..... i want to turn this car into a show car that can be driven on the road.

p/s this car also has no rust after all the years being left outside on a farm nextdoor to me

2nd p/s will upload photos soon

Last edited:

VP_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 vp Executive sedan
my car i hope you can see this as im new to computers.

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

VP_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 vp Executive sedan
ok today i was give brake calipers, for nothing $$$ they were free and look ok the guy said they were from a BT1 cop car but i have no idea if this is true i need help ?? they say GIRLOCK on them they look like a commodore but i don't know if they are i will get a part number and photos today when the sun comes up later.......

did holden use girlock brakes on the cop cars or ss commodore ??????

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
Not bad at all for the price you paid for it, sounds like the engine is still going strong and has a good amount of life left in it.

The 'cop chip' is a myth, though a previous owner may have gotten a custom memcal done for it. The VP's can be made somewhat quick with a bit of work.

No rust is always a good thing, with a bit of time and money this will clean up real well.

NEDWOB

Reaction score
Website
ozwagons.iforums.us
Members Ride
VN WAGON
gridlock are used by holden, i had them in my vn. also pbr calipers, to check if it was a x tog, look at the vin numbers. whats it end with?

VP_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 vp Executive sedan
OK thanks i will have a look at the ECU and the brakes i got...i also got the brake booster and disks and some brake lines

will also take new clear photos of the car too

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
being a vp it allready has BT1 brakes thats the factory spec on vp

VP_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 vp Executive sedan
oh ok i didn't know that ..................the brakes and disks i have are huge the brake booster is also big i will take photos today and get part numbers

Last edited:

VP_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 vp Executive sedan
ok i have the brake caliper part numbers i think ................Holden....... girlock.....A66FF.....PD 3552/78..... these are the only numbers i can find:help:

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
Hi all

i have a 1992 VP sedan its what i call a "sleeper" has lots of power to the point i find it hard to drive.

I must have missed something, why is it so powerful its hard to drive, is it not a standard v6 with over 300k on the clock.

My VN has only 39,000km on the clock but wouldn't say its powerfull, nor was my first brand new VN I bought in the early 90's

Regards Dazz

being a vp it allready has BT1 brakes thats the factory spec on vp

I didn't realize that either