Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new memeber and new vs =]

tekkado

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
hey all just joined the forum and looks like ill be spending some time here looks great =]
on saturday just picked up the vs for a pretty penny its my first car.
IMG_1863.jpg

my plans on it are to drop it 50mm, new exhaust, some mags, and maybe a body kit if i can find one at the wreckers

also if anyone knows a good tutorial on dropping the car itd be greatly appreciated i searched foud a good one but it had no pics

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Good clean looking car mate and welcome to the forum, got any more details?

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Welcome mate, and as for lowering it, either go King Springs Lows and just swap the springs and anything else that needs to be replaced, or go lower and get new lowered shocks if you want it to handle properly. KYB Excel G's are a really good shock and great value for money. Also look at new bushes depending on their condition, I found SuperPro to be my personal favourite. Sway bar link kits are cheap and worthwhile too. If it's IRS you may want to look at a camber kit depending on how low you decide to go. After that bigger sway bars probably. If I were you I'd think about getting some chasers (I have some for sale lol) and chucking some springs in it. Then save for shocks and other stuff :)

tekkado

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
yeah i found a kit on ebay for 500 with king springs and monroe shocks and some other bits and pieces for the lowering job what are chasers though?
as for more details theres not much its pretty stock standard the guy i bought it from had owned it from 97 and its a 95 model all in all im really happy with it =]

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
chasers? chasers could be referring to interceptor rims/stock rims.
people generally call the genuine interceptor 15 x 7 rims chasers.
but any 'chasers' part that comes with lowering gear is beyond me....

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Yeah obviously chasers don't come with the kit, but they are the silver 15x7" steel rims (inch wider than the standards and called chasers because they were fitted to police cars). And a kit could be a good way to go, but are you doing it all yourself or taking it somewhere to be fitted? If you're doing it yourself, get a quote from Burson's for KYB's and King Springs and any other bits an pieces you want, I've found they can take a fair bit off, plus KYB's are better than Monroe's imo haha. And quite like those rims, they should look sweet, but make sure you're real careful with gutters and paint your brake calipers and the shield part too so it looks a lot nicer. And while you're doing stuff have a think about changing the fluid and putting some new pads and maybe rotors if they need it too, slotted ones look cool :)

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
welcome to the white vs club lol

tekkado

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
yeah kinda blew the bank yesterday on a ps3 =[ lol worth it but its all money haha

tekkado

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
hey all just wondering ow do i find out bout my suspension wether irs or not?
thanks