Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new memeber and new vs =]

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Well chances are there'll be an ///IRS/// or something like that badge in the centre console under the stereo and one on the back window too I think if it has IRS. You could also check the owners manual. But the easiest way is just to look under the car. If it looks to be a solid one piece then its a solid diff. If it has cog looking things either side of the middle and definately isnt all covered and one piece it's IRS. :)

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
Flak is correct if its a straight solid 1 piece then its not irs

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
If you want to lower it 50mm then you will need to go superlows with lowered shocks, changeing the springs and shock ain't that diffucult but you will need spring compressers to be able to unbolt the top nut on the struts.

Alot of people put in superlows without changeing shocks and the oringal shocks wear out fast, so do it right the first time.

tekkado

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
yeah i plan to swap out both shocks and springs how much would a spring compressor set you back?

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
not alot I think I paid roughly $30 from supercheap and it has come in handy many times due to mates wanting to swap out there springs etc.

tekkado

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
yeah my bad quick ebay search came at around 30 bucks
hopefully get some more cash an will have it done soon

also anyone know where to get a gto/monaro bodykit? the cheapest ive seen is 600 off the dodge guy on ebay or 1000 from car mate but 1000 is too much for how much i paid for it.
if not probably gonna get the ss lips

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Yeah I've borrowed the $30 SuperCheap ones from a mate, they do the job, not great, but doesn't really matter.
Please don't get a GTO/Monaro body-kit haha. What about a nice, genuine if possible, SS one? Also if you are thinking about a body-kit, the money you may need to spend having it prepared and sprayed to match your car could be another $600 easy on-top of the original price, unless as I said, you get something genuine and the same colour, otherwise just leave it i think. But in the end, whatever makes you happy :)

tekkado

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
yeah not a fan of the over the top kits but the gto one in white with grey accents looks alright, but at the moment leaning towards the ss lip kit found one for 490, good?
also has anyone seen a vs interior leather wrapped (got the idea when i wrapped my 4x12 speakers in faux leather vinyl)?
i keep thinking it would look good on certain parts with some parts in a silver spray, but then think worse than spraying white or something lol

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Ahk, that's good, got any pictures? And I'm not sure, depends on a lot of things I guess. I'd definitely be looking at wheels, suspension, exhaust, CAI even stereo first though. I haven't seen one, but doing the door trims would look cool. I not sure about painting the interior, I like to keep it more dark and original. But there's probably how to's for painting everything on here somewhere if you want to do it.

Vsfan95

Vsfan95
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series 2 Acclaim
yeah not a fan of the over the top kits but the gto one in white with grey accents looks alright, but at the moment leaning towards the ss lip kit found one for 490, good?
also has anyone seen a vs interior leather wrapped (got the idea when i wrapped my 4x12 speakers in faux leather vinyl)?
i keep thinking it would look good on certain parts with some parts in a silver spray, but then think worse than spraying white or something lol

If you are going for the ss kit i have a clubsport spoiler for sale for $75 all it needs is a new light and your set.