Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new model "VE"

H

hsv_chick

To begin with hello to all...great site

Ive just ordered an SS VZ ute and im a bit concerned with what im hearing...
VE are there any photos available yet or is it out soon....

i heard its not a bad thing to grab the last model of that type of car
any answers appreciated

cheers
hsv_chick :bop:

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't worry. VE isn't due out until mid next year, but apparently Holden are way behind schedule, so it may be delayed a few months.

VZs are great, so enjoy it instead of worrying about what comes next. People who tell you about things like VE and say that you should've waited are normally jealous and want to ruin your experience with what you currently have. Forget them and just have fun with your VZ.

Due to their different gearing set-up (as compared with previous models) VZ SS are widely acknowledged as being much punchier in the lower rev ranges than any previous model. Many have been shown to run in excess of 220rwkw in stock form.

Enjoy it.

H

hsv_chick

yeah

i know what your saying...just found out it has to be built in adelaide, so about 6wks to delivery, hope not longer...haven't even test driven one yet.
thanks for the reply
cheers
hsv

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
Yeah I never test drove the VZ at all till I got mine. you wont be disappointed with your SS at all (I have taken the car yard managers SS the last 2 times my SV6 went in for the 3K & 15K services and they are nice!)

MySV6

R

r00ns

yeah stick to your VZ.Series II of every model is always better.

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
OI EVERYBODY!!! Get the latest issue of Wheels. It's got a little teaser photo of the VE SS in the news section :) .

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
HEY, I've seen pictures of the new Commodore on the net, not really but pictures of the Opel that it's a clone of, it's a beast well I like it anyway. I can't find the picture for the moment. But have you guys ever heard of a Lotus Carton, it's basically a VN with a couple of turbos re-built by Lotus, it's a weapon

0699d3.jpg

Fast too

300km20.jpg

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Does the picture in Wheels look like this? This is the Opel

6040505.001.1L.jpg

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
No, thank **** it doesn't look like that. I hate it. The VE looks VERY Torana.

PS: This picture of the VE isn't of the whole car, it's a picture of complete darkness and there's a spotlight on the front of the car. It only shows the grill and very inside parts of the headlights...

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
What kind of Torana :) I hope not a HB :p. Even the best Torana (hatchback) looks pretty retro these days. Well that car above has the Commodore Chassis so thats how wide and long it's going to be. Holden could change the other panels if they want but you would expect they keep some of them (like the roof/windows). You just imagine that Opel in Lime green with a Holden looking front end, a LS2 and a 6 speed manual in it, sweeeet : ), looks like it could fair hook around a corner with that wide track it has