Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new model "VE"

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
lol I mean the TT36 concept. And the cabin area of that sure as hell looks like the TT36 doesn't it? But I hope they don't have that roofline 'cause it would be pretty quashy headroom-wise for a Commodore Sedan... and coincidentaly the pic of the VE in Wheels is of a Lime Green car...

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
That picture I posted is a ?"production"? render based on the concept but yeah they say it's going to be not much different to the concept but with four doors. Lime green is good : ) I am totally sick of Holdens old mans colours these days. Ford have some really cool colours on the BA. There is one age old rule that Holden don't understand. You don't paint a sporty car metallic!! (unless it's Silver : ) ) it's just not right

T

tis_paul

Hey guys, I'm new to these forums, probably going to buy myself a late model commodore sometime now I got myself a real job.

Anywho the picture in 'Wheels' looked like it used the section from behind the mirrors of that Opel concept, but the front end was much the same as the VY. Apparently it's going to be like this as not to age the look of the Stateman etc. which are not getting new looks to way after the new model commodore is released next year.

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Do you mean TT36 Torana? God I hope so...

And I think its a little unfair to say its a 'clone' of the Opel - its based on a rather largely holden designed underpinning, although most of the GM brands have had alot of input. GMH being the new mainstay of RWD GM platforms I believe most of the design work was done here.

Now I'll just stand back and prepare to be flamed by someone who knows better... :flame:

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
when i picked up the sv6 from the dealer,we got talking about the ve ,what it might look like.he reckons could look like a audi a little crossed with a astra,also said no turbo or any of that.i said they need something to take on xr6t.

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
jetspin_vl said:
Do you mean TT36 Torana? God I hope so...

And I think its a little unfair to say its a 'clone' of the Opel - its based on a rather largely holden designed underpinning, although most of the GM brands have had alot of input. GMH being the new mainstay of RWD GM platforms I believe most of the design work was done here.

Now I'll just stand back and prepare to be flamed by someone who knows better... :flame:

As far as i know and from what i've read and heard, the new platform for the VE has mainly been designed here in Australia with some input from other GM marquees, I could be wrong of course!

destorman

De'Storman
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 SV6 Manual (Impulse Blue)
Hey guys ... check out the May edition of 'Motor' magazine ... there are pics of the new VE and you will be suprised ... it looks like the Opel with a tweak along the Torana lines ...

DazVYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSSM6
I put up some VE pics last week the will be very close to real thing do a search and you will find.