Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Monaro in 2018 ?

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
Because GM have decided against manufacturing it in RHD. After seeing how well the Mustang has done in RHD markets they might have to look into starting RHD production.

Although I think it's more likely that they have decided that a RHD premium coupe from Opel will suit RHD markets more so than the Camaro
Although Wheels website has some wishful thinking article suggesting that GMNA might be persuaded to make a RHD V8 Caddy for the Australian market.
How much would it cost? Probably more than a Stinger or Genesis. And Dodge seem unable to decide whether to bring the Charger to Australia.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Our performance car market is too small to justify the expense of building specific Oz spec RHD cars. Look at what GM is focused on these days and you start to see that we really don't mean much to the company any more. Increased large HD truck production at Flint plant and major involvement with a Chinese plant for just about everything else. Shut down Cruze plant. Sell off Opel and Vauxhall. Sales here are the lowest they've been since FX days. How could anybody believe GM is here for the long run? Most of my cars over nearly 50 years have been Holdens or at least, been called Holden. This is the last one. My next car will probably be Korean again, but not badged as a Holden.