Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Monaro in 2018 ?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
6cyl Monaros are lame.

Only to chronic petrol heads.

Every Monaro ever - even the V2's etc are all Australian designed and built with a donk from the states.

Oh, really? Funny, I always though the early model 6 cylinder engines, 253's and 308's were designed and made in Australia.

And as for every Monaro being designed in Australia - well, derrr. My comment referred to the fact that little in the automotive world is Australian designed and built now, and far less will be very soon. I reckon the other members on the forum got the point. Not you perhaps.

If you're going to post, check the accuracy of your statements, remove the ambiguities and don't state the obvious.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Only to chronic petrol heads.

yeah that's the Monaro's target market - so duh.

Oh, really? Funny, I always though the early model 6 cylinder engines, 253's and 308's were designed and made in Australia.

And as for every Monaro being designed in Australia - well, derrr. My comment referred to the fact that little in the automotive world is Australian designed and built now, and far less will be very soon. I reckon the other members on the forum got the point. Not you perhaps.

If you're going to post, check the accuracy of your statements, remove the ambiguities and don't state the obvious.

I was referring to the V2 specifically - it has a US donk, the LS motor. I just posted it lazily.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves

Fat HQ.JPG

Brockys Monaro.jpg

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
That red Volvo C70 looks sweet!

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
People buy 40 yr old Toranas now for $60k+

That Buick is nowhere near deserving of wearing a Torana nameplate.

I'm quite sure they said that Holden Monaro doesn't deserve the heritage of the Pontiac. GTO badge as well , which it didn't .

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Forget the effin name, look at the car and comment on the design..

who care wtf its' called.

Goddammit people will argue about anything

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
No they won't.

I'm quite sure they said that Holden Monaro doesn't deserve the heritage of the Pontiac. GTO badge as well , which it didn't .
Holden > Pontiac, but mislabelling something is a different sin.
It's like buying 2L of something labelled "milk" or "juice", and pouring yourself a nice tall glass of E98.
The E98 might be better for the intended purpose than the other things which USED to be in the same 'fridge labelled "Leaded", but it still puts people off (especially the people with those 70's bumper-stickers talking about milk & juice coming in 2L, they'd be spitting out nasty mouthfuls again & again & again 'til the bottle was empty!)

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yes they will :p

And OP, my comment on the design - it is ugly.....looks like someone got carried away with the clay spatula in the design studio.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
And OP, my comment on the design - it is ugly.....looks like someone got carried away with the clay spatula in the design studio.
Ugly is up to the beholder, I reckon it looks pretty nice (even though - as has already been said - it looks not unlike a mishmash of other-manufacturer design cues). :)