Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New movie going experience

blacknight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
I went out with my girlfriend to the local cinema to see a new horror movie which was the talk of the town. It was full. Half of the movie goers screamed in genuine fear, while the other half laughed at the same time. I think some people interpret fear and humour differently.

Anyway, it was a good experience which wasnt ruined by laughing or screaming. I guess, it added to the atmosphere.

What has been your worst cinema / movie experience? I've heard of people who do a running commentary of the movie and ruin the suspense of everything. People who try to record scenes with their camera phones, and my pet peeved are people (mostly young parents) who bring their crying babies into the cinema hall

M

mwb235

At our local cinema in Bathurst in summer and in one cinema in particular, there was a banging/vibrating air conditioning vent (or something in the ducting causing the noise). It was bloody annoying and was like that for ages. The rooves on some of the cinemas caved in due to heavy rain/hail earlier this month (thankfully i wasn't there that day) so hopefully that f---ing air vent was in one of the damaged cinemas!

NonStick Squid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute m6, VS Calais
shoulda got yourself a refund. I hate it when stuff like that happens, like today i got a guiness and it had over an inch of head... herpa derp this isnt a pint its a half...

Anyways back on topic worst experience would have to be at a local cinema with almost no incline in the seat level and im short so i was basically sittin on an armrest the whole movie :S

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Havent had a bad experience. We either only go to the drive in (where windows are up and the company is your own or to gold class where there is minimal people. Mass congregating in places like cinemas scares me lol.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Havent had a bad experience. We either only go to the drive in (where windows are up and the company is your own or to gold class where there is minimal people. Mass congregating in places like cinemas scares me lol.

blacknight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
The things is my girlfriends loves the movie theatre. I mean "Green Hornet", "Green Lantern", "Pirates of the Carribean", "Capt America", "The last Harry Potter movie" and so many other films are coming up later this year. One thing we agreed on was NOT to go and see the vomit inducing "Twilight" movie saga.

We have 3 cinemas within 20sq. km of each other, so I think this year will be spent a lot of time watching movies.

Any movies you all are looking forward to watching?

ssv 08 ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss-v 2008 ute
We usually go to the upper class gold section where you dont have to put up with loud mouth teens/hooligans and 18+
Great lay back seats and they deliver food and drinks while your watching.
Well worth the extra