Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New mufflers

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Yes because your deleting the factory resonators. If you car came with it factory generally you can't remove/delete it. So if your exhaust has 6 mufflers stock then it needs 6 to be legal.

Plus they will drone like "@&$ on a VE

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I run J-Pipes (Hemholz chambers) on my Caprice.

Not as droney as a conventional straight pipe and slightly quieter. Not sure how they would sound on a V6 though, they didn't sound great with the stock mufflers.

VE SS SV6 Sedan Wagon 2 1 2" Tailpipes With J Pipes | eBay

As said above, you legally need to retain the same amount of mufflers/resonators that came on the car from factory.

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Hope you have a good stereo.

Predator9211

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Wagon
well i drove around today with no rear mufflers to get a rough idea on what it sounds like in the cabin and i dont get what people complain about? i love hearing the sound of my car going bruuuggghhh and nor did i ask about "drone", i dont get why people have such a phobia of it. its not even that bad even with no mufflers on and radio turned off i couldnt hear anything but the lovely sound of a commodore so keep your comments to yourself

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
OK, so you like that sound, 99% of people don't. It's obnoxiously course from outside. The drone will get to you, a couple of laps around the block with no rear mufflers is not a daily commute to work.

Just fit tail pipes then, any mufflers on the rear will be too quiet for you.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
I thought that loud was good once too.

You will work it out in good time.

Predator9211

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Wagon
Well imo it's not even loud without mufflers so with the redback mufflers it should be a bit quieter

Predator9211

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Wagon
And I never said that mufflers would be too quiet I just said that even without mufflers it didn't drone that badly so with those redback mufflers it should be fine and it wasn't just around the block I have been driving with it all week to test it. So don't assume you know everything.

Last edited: