Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New owner... Possible VY II S ute mods?

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
Hello,

Well I have just purchased my first car... A 2003 VY series II S pack ute (auto) with lazer back hard top and rest stocko.

The question i have for fellow VY ute owners is what are some simple but good mods i can do to this beast?

I was thinking new sound system, rims, and exhaust?

any others?

cheers :)

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
I dont own a ute, but CAI. (Even 2 hole mod)

Works a treat for V8's and Supercharged engines. Might do a bit on the V6s too!

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
No idea what the 2 hole mod is sry.

Could people post up some head units (maybe touch screen) that fit where the current stock head unit is please.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
With the head unit, you'll need a dash surround (you can get them from JB) because the factory head unit isn't exactly 2DIN, it has been designed to blend in with the trim.

I know the Sony XAV W1 is a good unit, ive got one coming in around a week and a half from Sony (dunno if i'll sell it or use it myself though). Thats touch screen, DivX, will support 5.1 surround sound, 3 AV inputs e.t.c.

And the 2 hole mod there's plenty of posts on this forum about it, just use the search thing? I'll be posting my 2 hole mod for VY's soon too.

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
Yea i dont want to do alot of things to it as it is just an S pack but still a few mods like the sound system, new rims, maybe lower it abit, dont know if i will do much to the exhaust maybe a new tip? like a bigger one is that possible? cause the sound is ok for stock.

Also might get the ss front bumper, line the tray and repaint the dash (few black marks)

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
yeah all i did with my stocky exhaust was weld a massive tip on it after the standard one literally fell off. I think it was about $24 from supercheap.
If you don't want to spend much you could always just get your rear channels on your head unit enabled at holden and whack a set of 6x9's behind the seats like i've done

MEANVY

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Omega
extractors are reasonable for the price...

edit: 18s look grear on SL utes

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
yeah all i did with my stocky exhaust was weld a massive tip on it after the standard one literally fell off. I think it was about $24 from supercheap.
If you don't want to spend much you could always just get your rear channels on your head unit enabled at holden and whack a set of 6x9's behind the seats like i've done

how do you mean enable rear channels? what is it?

Today i installed a set of pioneer 6 1/2" speakers with tweakers in the doors still on the stock head unit, but omg the difference in sound quality amazed me!

Tomorrow i am having my exhaust done for 80 bucks... cutting off the last muffler? like bout a meter of pipe then having straight pipe to a dual dumper. should look nice and sound a bit louder :) also having the car fully serviced and detailed so will look, smell, sound and feel better 2moz arvo.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
go for a slim line sub behind the seat! and for the head unit i highly recomend alpine, quality's mint, they look nice to and for a little extra $ u can keep using your steering wheel controls, and and the ipod control is gr8 :)