Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new p plate laws to supercharge v6 commodore

whoops

Reaction score
Members Ride
v6 vx commodore sedan
Hey so I own a v6 vx commodore atm and im on my red p's although i can get my greens. I've read recently that the nsw government will be changing the laws on p platers about having turbo/supercharged cars and that they will now allow p platers to drive force inducted car's e.g. a stock vl turbo.

Anyway I was wondering if there was anyone out there who knew a little more about the new laws that could tell me whether or not i could put a supercharger kit on my v6 or even do an engine swap from a stock supercharged v6 legally once its passed, was also wondering if it would be worth the money/effort.

VY Rossi

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY SS 5.7L M6
Will be classed as a modified vehicle so you won't be able to supercharge your car

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Plus there's a power to weight ratio so it still limits the cars you can drive. they're only lifting the ban because there are more and more fuel efficient cars now that use turbos like the Holden Cruze, VW Golf and Ford's 4cyl EcoBoost.