Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Paint Job for VN

VN-SV-89-LE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BT1 5 Litre 5 Speed
Hey all, iv just brought a VN BT-1. it was going to be my every day car that had power but now i have decided to make it as my project car.

my 1st step is to strip it and get it to a naked shell, OInce that has been done im getting it a new paint Job, but i dont know what colour i should do it, i was thinkin a yellow the BT-1 yellow, with standed front and rear bars. But there might be something better and thats what i wont to try and find out. I still wont the standed look, like the front and rear bars and they r painted black (will be) so im after a colour that woulds look good with black bars.

I have decided to go with out a bodykit and rear wing.

so any idea or pics of a car that is close to what im lookin for would be great help to my new project car.

cheers scott:D

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
ive seen a VN thats the kinda the colour of a cherry ripe wrapper but more metallic with black bumpers which didnt look too bad....could go silver over grey or VT tiger mica over grey

VN-SV-89-LE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BT1 5 Litre 5 Speed
yer, but im sorta lookin for a one colour, not something ova another u know, but it is an idea and i will take it to thoguht m8 thanx :thumbsup:

94vrexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
how about a green colour. not dark or anything something like a fluro colour but not fluro

VN-SV-89-LE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BT1 5 Litre 5 Speed
yer maybe, id have to see a pic of it 1st to see what it looks like, but yer it does sound alright, like u said provided the green is not too dark and not to fluro

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
You mean a green like Boona's ute?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
flat aqua/sky blue looks good with the black bumpers

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
1vngal said:
You mean a green like Boona's ute?
u stay away from my green paintjob lol:whistling

flouro greene doesnt suit a commy some dude from where i live has a flouro green vr and it look pretty ****... i still rekon candy apple red or something liek that with the black bumpers would look alright

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
-boona's@walking_pace- said:
u stay away from my green paintjob lol:whistling

flouro greene doesnt suit a commy some dude from where i live has a flouro green vr and it look pretty ****... i still rekon candy apple red or something liek that with the black bumpers would look alright
*runs off to paint her vn the same colour as Boona's ute*

lol, nah, I like the idea of candy apple red. I've seen it on a torana with all the blackouts and it looked friggen awesome! I'm sure it'll look just as good on a commie!

Oh, and Foam.....Please tell me your not serious bout the sky blue thing......:p

VN-SV-89-LE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN BT1 5 Litre 5 Speed
yer the candy apple is a nice colour, also i dont mind the colour colbolt blue i think it is