Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New phantom ssv redline ute

batmansredline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Ute
Picking up my new ssv redline ute Saturday! Excited is an understatement!!! ordered a fair few extras for it, hsv rims, hard tornnea, new front end, new side skirts, full blackout kit, tinted windows, coil over suspension etc! But they've now hit me with if I want the smartkote paint protection and leather protection anyone had any experiences with this and is it worth it??

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Nope it ain't. Save your money and get it done at a proper shop that will spend more than an hour on your ride. Modesta Glass is a pretty popular paint protection system.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
For what it's worth the modern leather in Holden's are pretty resilient and made to wear. My wife and two kids treat our SSV worse than a pack of p platers and all you need is a damp cloth and it's shinning like new again. I'd focus on the exterior protection and then regularly use Autoglym on her and she'll rebuke nearly all mother nature throws her way (batsh!t not included... I hate bats).

tazdevil1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SS Atomic Sportwagon
As was mentioned before do not get the paint protection from the dealer....find a reputable detailer and get a glass coating like Modesta or any of the new coatings out and will certainly not cost 1800 dollars and will be done better then what the dealer will do...

batmansredline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Ute
Yea sweet thanks guys! Gave the dealership the bad news this morning they weren't happy lol! I'll try find someone in goldy/Brissy to do it this weekend/Monday

tazdevil1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SS Atomic Sportwagon
Mate go onto detailparadise.com.au....its an Australian detailing website and ask if there are any good detailers in Brisbane area...they should help