Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New plugs,leads,dizzy,ignition module, coil= no spark

Engine addiction

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx v6, l98 80s landcruiser , vn v8 80s landcruiser
Ok so as per title I've replaced with new all ignition parts on engine but no spark! Vn 5.0 in a 80 series landcruiser was running albeit rough as guts and found injectors were way to big but it didn't really make much impact hence new plugs and leads still rough, so new module, still up **** wouldn't time so new dizzy and then coil wtaf is with these things ? Conversion was done by a shop in Victoria in 1995 I can't get hold of has a extra pcm thing with a usb connector that doesn't talk to my laptop with tunerpro installed. I'm in Perth hills any geniuses around here?

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Does your tacho work?

Engine addiction

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes it does, power to everything but no sparks vats re arm is last solution to me

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Did VN have Vatts I thought they had a switch in the passenger door jam if they had an anti theft system as long as you have power on terminal A6 at ecu it should be good to go. Id disconnect the taco to see if it starts Ive spent hours on things before only to work out a failed taco was shorting out the ignition circuit. As its a Toyota taco it probably has failed.

Engine addiction

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did VN have Vatts I thought they had a switch in the passenger door jam if they had an anti theft system as long as you have power on terminal A6 at ecu it should be good to go. Id disconnect the taco to see if it starts Ive spent hours on things before only to work out a failed taco was shorting out the ignition circuit. As its a Toyota taco it probably has failed.
Fair point il check it now , but it was working fine I've literally just been plug n play on parts all brand new no second hands and it made it worse lol

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Before you get into heavy diagnostics- are you sure every plug and earth is correctly connected.

Engine addiction

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes have gone over everything tested with multimeter ,power at all

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Are you getting 12V on the red wire going into the ignition module?