Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT - Bluetooth HF adaptor VY/VZ

Discussion in 'ASR Audio & Electronics' started by Phreddy, Jun 23, 2009.

1. OZ38

OZ38 Member

Members Ride:
    VS V6 T5 & VY V6 M35 UTE
    Well I'm a total gumby when it comes to this stuff.

But so far I have the little GMH phone connection loom that connects to the plug under the carpet.
    I also have a bluetooth capable LG phone.

I want to be able to answer in coming calls hands free & hear it all through the VY Head Units speakers. Btw I already have a Phreddy modded (via Ant) head unit with the (4) RCA outs & AUX in jack.

Ipod control would be nice too, but I think someone else (Vlad) is doing that to these Head Units.
    But for now I want the hands free phone set up that looks close to factory.

Reading here I thought I HAD to have a CK7W Nokia kit to proceed further ?

Cheers

Deek

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  2. lein

lein Comrade Commodore

Members Ride:
    VC 202/4sp
    Nope any bluetooth hands free kit will do. It just depends on if you want to use the holden button via the ASR cable or you're happy with the Nokia/Parrot or whatever brand you find that blows your skirt up. :) I do believe that the ASR cable for the holden button will cork with the newer CK100 nokia kit(remember reading that somewhere on JC). Which is, as fas as I can tell, a newer fandangled version of the CK7W.

But so long as you have the Holden cable to plug into the harness any bluetooth kit you can hardwire will fulfill your needs.

One thing to consider while you are researching bluetooth car kits though. Is if your phone is compatible with them. Most manufacturers list compatible phones on their web sites.

3. OZ38

OZ38 Member

Members Ride:
    VS V6 T5 & VY V6 M35 UTE
    I have tried to use that nokia site too see if my old LG TU500 mobile phone is compatible with the CK-7W or the CK100 but can't find my way around it to find the info.

Are you saying I can use another brand of hands free & still have the factory look buttons as per the main topic of this thread ?

Cheers

Deek

4. HoldenOnn

HoldenOnn Roll Cage Territory

Members Ride:
    VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
    I purchased a Nokia CK-7W kit off ebay as the price is very reasonable, quite cheap actually, and after research, I found that many others had this kit and were happy.

After buying the kit, you need to get a button with the flylead coming from it. This is available through Phreddy at ASR-Audio or PM him on here. I got the button with the bluetooth symbol instead of the phone symbol as Phreddy gave me option.

My best mate who is auto electrician then literally took 10mins to install. The main box of the CK-7W is used and get soldered to the factory wires, then the microphone get routed up the pillar near driver and thats just about it I think. He did it that quick that I didn't get to see exactly :)

It works a treat, looks factory and works just like a genuine factory installed kit but at a fraction of the price.

I think the total cost was about $75 for the button from Phreddy and maybe $100 or less for the Kit off Ebay, then either yourself or auto elec can install. Due to short time to install, labour cost is minimal.

5. OZ38

OZ38 Member

Members Ride:
    VS V6 T5 & VY V6 M35 UTE
    I want use the Holden buttons with the bluetooh symbol if I can. But do I have to use the Nokia Ck-7W kit to use Phreddys kit/cables etc ?

As I have t LG TU500 still I ws thinking of using a in car kit made for it -

Product Details

Will this work or is it the more expensive way to go about it ?

Cheers

Deek

6. wrx884

wrx884 WA's ASR Rep

Members Ride:
    VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
    Hey Deek hows it goin man? just thought id mention mayb ur best off contacting Greg and asking him directly 2 save piss farting about not knowing exactly wats compatible with wat lol, i myself havent had anything 2 do with the blue tooth stuff yet so unfortunatly i cant help ya. i do know Gregs on a melb road trip atm so might b best giving him a call rather than email.

7. OZ38

OZ38 Member

Members Ride:
    VS V6 T5 & VY V6 M35 UTE
    Hi Ant how ya been mate ?
    Ok probably best to talk to Greg then for whats possible. Was actually going to catch up with you to see if you had installed any of these with the mods you do to the Head Units.

Cheers

Deek

8. wrx884

wrx884 WA's ASR Rep

Members Ride:
    VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
    Yeah not bad man, i havent yet but Greg says its fairly easy so im sure i could get a run down from him 2 do it. Matt (holdenOnn) is the only other person in WA that has 1 that i know of but he was down south so was easier 4 him 2 get some1 2 connect it 4 him. im sure u could find some1 where u r 2 do it 4 ya aswell if ur not in perth 4 long. Ive moved tho not next 2 the strip nemore im more closer 2 u haha/

9. HoldenOnn

HoldenOnn Roll Cage Territory

Members Ride:
    VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
    Hey Deek

As Ant said, Its prob best to contact Phreddy who can give you accurate info. My experience is only with CK-7W and installation for my auto elec mate was so simple and quick.

Regards
    Matt

10. CV8ZMAN

CV8ZMAN New Member

Members Ride:
    2005 CV8Z Monaro
    I know this is dragging up a really old thread...

But can anyone confirm if the CK-7W or the CK-100 is still the best option or is there a better brand/system?
    Also, anyone that has them fitted does the iPhone 5 work?

Cheers

11. vk4akp

vk4akp Starfire, Fear V Power!!

Members Ride:
    2004 VY2 - Commodore Wagon,VC Commodore (Starfire)
    Hi Guys, I am now looking to add Bluetooth to my newly acquired 2004 VY Series 2 Commodore Executive Wagon.

Any info appreciated
    .-.-.

12. cal6666666

cal6666666 New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Calais
    awesome sounds good

13. ncc961

ncc961 New Member

Members Ride:
    vz Acclaim wagon