Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New registration emails banned

[sxcvy]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec
Hi guys, I have had a couple of mates who have tried to register and they get an error saying something along the lines of "your email has been banned" even though they have never been on this site before. Also I have tried to changed the email my account is bound to and I get the same message.

I just tried changing my email again to get the error message, "The administrator has banned your email address. You will need to change your email address in order to continue. If you think this is done in error, please click here to contact the administrator." The new registrations have a message of a similar kind.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
JC has been hit by spammers in a big way over the past couple of months.

Was Gmail initially and has since ramped up to Hotmail and Yahoo accounts.

As a result we've banned those domains as they popup, you can see down the bottom just a smidge over 87000 denied so far.

In the denied message it indicates if they wish to have the account created they can certainly send through the following details via the contact us form (assuming this is the same message that appears when using one of those domains):

1- Name you wish to be known as.
2- Password you wish to use for your account.
3- DOB (Only used in the event you forget your password, we can verify the
account belongs to you this way).
4- State (so we can set the time zone for you)

You would be in the same boat if you change your mail account, but on that same token send something through via the contact form and we can certainly update it for you.

It's a massive pain I know but can't be helped at this point in time.

Of course once the spammers disappear the ban will be lifted so it once again is a free for all.

Cheers
Darren

[sxcvy]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec
Thanks for the quick reply Darren, I understand the reasoning for doing it. I will fill in the form and let my mates know so they can register. Just found out from Dirbatua that one of them already has an account :bang: