Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new rocker bolts?

revhead2011

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S II
where am i able to get replacement rocker bolts to replace the torque to yeild bolts that hold the rockers in place from factory?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Your local nut and bolt shop will stock them mate.

When I replaced my rockers a couple of years ago, I bought replacement bolts for about $1-$2 each. They were the same as these, Comp Cams - Re-usable Rocker bolts #COMP-1053B-12

So ask for 5/16" bolts, take an old one in for length, and ask for Hex Head Cap Screws. Thats what I got anyway.

revhead2011

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S II
thanks for that link mate and the details. i think i will try to find a bolt shop around my area and see if i can get them abit cheaper that $23 + postage. and shops you would recomend?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
thanks for that link mate and the details. i think i will try to find a bolt shop around my area and see if i can get them abit cheaper that $23 + postage. and shops you would recomend?

Go to your nearest decent sized industrial estate and I can almost guarantee there will be a bolt shop there. May also be called a fastener shop.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Yellow pages under fasteners.

wildwilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6
dont go too cheap-you don't want them shearing off when you torque them up or when they get hot under stress with the engine running. $23 from mace isn't too bad and they are high tensile.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
If your going to a bolt place just give them one of your old rocker bolts, say you want 12 of these 5/16th bolts, and you want them in 12.9 grade steel.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
why use grade 8 bolts when you can get 12.9.....

Many years ago there was a guy at a car show who had the clutch plate separate from the flywheel at 7000rpm+ bolts shared straight off. He was wondering why when he had used brand new grade 8.8 bolts, they are high tensile aren't they? he said.

Personally, i think he got what he deserved (it was a RX7).