Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New smoking laws

B

BoostinJet

I agree with trent, I'm a smoker to but i hate smelling smoke when i'm eating so i don't smoke around people that are eating, If i know i'm standing with people that don't smoke i'll move away alittle bit, It's give an take they shouldn't ban it in pubs.

spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pac S2 M5
Ban the smokes, they are useless?? Who can honestly say the enjoyed starting up smoking??? And with the money saved you could buy PREMIUM petrol!!! lol:thumbsup:

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
spac said:
Who can honestly say the enjoyed starting up smoking???
The Government!!!

B

Baritji

Yeah, and dont forget all us smokers are keeping your taxes lower........

spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pac S2 M5
yeah, i know.. I not a smoker, never will be....I remember in uni talking about how much money these tobaco companies contribute to the government. But thats just like giving a bribe. Smokers in one sence keep taxes lower but on the other hand smokers are a drain on the health system. like at all the diseases that a a direct cuase of cigarets. Should non smoking tax payers being paying for that?

I not trying to sound like an arse, i know back in the day no one new the consiquences of smoking but now that it is widely known? why smoke?

Last edited:

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
im a smoker and there are 2 t hings in the world that anoy me

1. is a reformed smoker bagging out smokers.
2. getting snot stuck to the end of my nose

basicaly, im all for the new non smoking laws, i do belive that non-smokers should not have to breath this **** in,im unlucky enough to smoke, i wish i didnt smoke,ill give upsoon enough.

rules are, no smoking in pub's, clubs, tavers, hotels, family restaurants, basicaly where food and drink are sold, no smoking

no smoking in sporting events, i.e. you catn smoke in the gabba anymore
no smoking within 4m of a buildings entrance, (this is all public access buildings liek a shoping center)

im all for the governement doing this, but you know as well as i do, it wont stop there

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
I'm a smoker and I can see everyone's point with not smoking in eating areas. I hate reformed smokers who think so highly of themselves. Is it because of all the crap you copped when you were a smoker? Outside with a beer what's the problem? Smoking makes pub's stink but the worst smell when you walk past a pub is the smell that carries to the street from sweat and beer. I would rather smell cigarette smoke any day.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
kill -9 said:
Here no smoking in the pokies lol

Yep. But my local pub has a small room with about 5 tables and is right next to the pokies in a closed off room with a doorless entrance. So basically it's about 3 metres from a poke machine.

I head north regulary to Moama NSW just over from Echuca and you can smoke at the bowling club in the poke area. Half the people are smoking. Old and young. They banned it a while back but had to allow it again because they were losing a lot of business.

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
Spaced said:
I'm a smoker and I can see everyone's point with not smoking in eating areas. I hate reformed smokers who think so highly of themselves. Outside with a beer what's the problem?

reformed smokers are the worst, they have the "im better than you because i quit and you havent" mantra which really shits me... good on ya, ya quit but how does that make you any better than me?
outside with bere, no problem, getting the beer out of the pub....big problem... also clubs...how many are just gonna give pass outs to everyone who wants a smoke...itll cause punch ons galore, people coming in off the street saying they were in there but were given a pass out, they were "part of a crowd"....i got nothing against the laws themselves, i just fail to see how it will be effective and efficient...

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
In QLD they have a 3am lockout so if you go out for a smoke after 3am you cannot get back in?

Also where is the tax going to be made up, FUEL and Alcohol! The smokers are currently paying your taxes at a rate of 90% (a packet of cigarettes is 90% tax) so if you think your problems are going to get better think again.