Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New speakers wired in

jazza415

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Hi all, I installed a new head unit recently and was working great, then I upgraded my speakers and they sound like absolute horse **** even at volumes lower than the stock speakers could handle.

I have a Sony xav-ax3000, which has a max output of 50w per channel. I got some pioneer ts-a1670f speakers which are 75w nominal. Would that cause the speakers to be unusable?

jazza415

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
This is what they sound like

Plus my radio doesn't work now. Not sure if that's caused by the problem I'm having or not

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Speakers wired the wrong way around? Beat me!

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
Hi all, I installed a new head unit recently and was working great, then I upgraded my speakers and they sound like absolute horse **** even at volumes lower than the stock speakers could handle.

I have a Sony xav-ax3000, which has a max output of 50w per channel. I got some pioneer ts-a1670f speakers which are 75w nominal. Would that cause the speakers to be unusable?
Can I get that done on my zb 4 cyl. Petrol.turbo. I gather the answer is it depends on room and size of speakers.. Is thee " surgery " required

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I have a Sony xav-ax3000
This is the problem, Sony is junk I'm afraid. Heard plenty of Sony car audio and home audio and sound quality has been average at best.

H

harrop.senator

Agreed don't like xplod but they're usually better then a factory deck.

He also said it sounded great with stock speakers was when he fitted the pioneer speakers.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Agreed don't like xplod but they're usually better then a factory deck.

He also said it sounded great with stock speakers was when he fitted the pioneer speakers.
Yeah I seen that in his first post. I was being factious, as I would never by a Sony, when something decent is only a little more.

jazza415

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Figured it out, because my heatshrink is in storage I used some self fusing electrical tape, taped the first one with like 2 wraps of it then the 2nd straight to it if that makes sense.
Long story short, the stiff old wire from stock poked through the thin tape and was causing the drama.

How did you mount the speakers? got any pics

I modified the old speaker cradles, just finished putting everything back together but if you want pics I can pull the door cards back off