Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New speakers wired in

jazza415

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Yeah I learnt the hard way Sony's ****. $600 for a head unit that barely connects with Bluetooth and the android auto doesn't work at all, tried multiple phones and cords.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ouch, next time get a Pioneer. I've been using them for years and they have been brilliant and are offer on special. I had a Pioneer blue tooth, with hands free phone calls in my old ute and it was great.
I have Pioneer home theater with Jamo speakers and when I bought it, it was streets ahead of Sony systems.

degeneration

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sportwagon
Yes this stuff - Sony audio was OK in the 90s. Once they started the exploding marketing they lost the plot... Not even their TVs are worth a schite any more, and that is a sad, sad thing coming from the pedigree of what they used to produce. I think they are now whoring the brand generally for all it has left nowadays with crap products.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Yes this stuff - Sony audio was OK in the 90s. Once they started the exploding marketing they lost the plot... Not even their TVs are worth a schite any more, and that is a sad, sad thing coming from the pedigree of what they used to produce. I think they are now whoring the brand generally for all it has left nowadays with crap products.

ah no, Sony are still making high quality products. Now are they making a wider range of products to cater to the lower end? Yes, but just about everyone does that.

Also Bravia OLED is rated above competing products so NFI what you are on about specifically calling out their tv's.

degeneration

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sportwagon
ah no, Sony are still making high quality products. Now are they making a wider range of products to cater to the lower end? Yes, but just about everyone does that.

Also Bravia OLED is rated above competing products so NFI what you are on about specifically calling out their tv's.

I only know what I know about Sony TVs from being an ex serviceman in the 90s and 00s, sorry if that offends you LMFAO...

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
I only know what I know about Sony TVs from being an ex serviceman in the 90s and 00s, sorry if that offends you LMFAO...

so your info is 20+ years old, lolol

H

harrop.senator

Well in his defence you've just laughed at the quality of there stuff , showed no evidence on it and just personal opinion.

Then used the fact you worked on them 20-30 years ago to defend the low quality remark of them.

Maybe try using some facts to coerce people's minds and not an outdated opinion?

Fyi , I agree that Sony car stereo stuff is rank out of my personal opinion , not defending there stuff at all lol.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well in his defence you've just laughed at the quality of there stuff , showed no evidence on it and just personal opinion.

Then used the fact you worked on them 20-30 years ago to defend the low quality remark of them.

Maybe try using some facts to coerce people's minds and not an outdated opinion?

Fyi , I agree that Sony car stereo stuff is rank out of my personal opinion , not defending there stuff at all lol.

I also don't think much of their car audio, but I cannot comment on that with any authority, but it mostly feels like "me too we need a product in this segment" kind of stuff. I mean, car audio I imagine has fairly decent margins so why not sell something in it especially if you have a known brand and can make something "good enough" BOSE have been doing that since forever!

With the context of his timeframe I also agree with the TV remark after thinking about it more, the later WEGA's went down in quality and this was known at the time, but hanging your experience on tele's from 20 years ago is a little silly, beside the fact that 20 years ago they were also making the best computer monitors bar none with their Trinitrons (although the Diamondtron gave them a run for their money). Anyway, rambling aside I would never trust a brand with any kind of complete faith or for that matter write them off either. Hell, I swore I'd never buy anything from Goldstar (LG) because for years they made absolute trash, yet just recently i bought an LG OLED (however if there was a comparable Sony I would have gone that way)!

H

harrop.senator

Yeah I honestly don't think I'll ever buy Sony again haha.

I'm a tight arse and most the time buy online unheard so last few years I've just stuck to kicker speakers , infinity speakers and amps or DD amplifiers.

Alpine for head units.

I used to like alpine speakers a lot but there "high end" I don't think is that high end anymore and a lot of there sales are on name not quality.

I have to admit it's hard for me to find a stereo that I find decent. I've heard heaps of doof foods , systems or loud systems.

But owning a full technics system with class a MOSFET amplifier in the lounge that does 90 watt at .1 thd and it makes my English made wharfedales that are 110w @.1thd look cheap over 6 on the dial as it's shaking every window in the house has spoiled me hahahah.