Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Speedo Cluster

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy commodore executive S2
My Speedo is playing up these days and went to mech and he told me I need a new speedo, quoted me $600 and will set the kms same as on my old one, but i thought was bit steep,
So went to wreckers yesterdsy and they are giving me one for $150 with few thousand ks above the current one.
So my question is , as my car being a factory Dual fuel , will the second hand speedo cluster work fine in my car ,as the small Lcd in my current speedo shows that when the car is on Lpg or petrol plus the fuel guage works for both fuels.

and also do i need to update vic roads as i am getting a new speedo or not..........?

Last edited:

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Can i get any opinions....

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
couldn't say for sure, but you might be able to use parts from new one to repair the old one so you're covered both way's with your lpg needs.
Worth a try

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I would very much doubt they use different clusters.

The lcds are dot matrix so can display anything.

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
No you don't need to tell vicroads about the cluster, i changed mine for one with lower km's ;)

is the cluster from the same model/spec of car?

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
No you don't need to tell vicroads about the cluster, i changed mine for one with lower km's ;)

is the cluster from the same model/spec of car?

The wrecker doesnt know that, if its series 1or 2 but knows that its from a Vy .....i hope they both dont need much modification...

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
The wrecker doesnt know that, if its series 1or 2 but knows that its from a Vy .....i hope they both dont need much modification...

i see your vy is a series 2. You need a cluster from a series 2 car, as on a series 1 cluster the fuel gauge will read backwards if installed in a series 2 car and vice versa so check that before you buy it.

i sent you a pm about cluster.