Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New springs but no point...

SloNLow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec
Alright I recently just got new springs , Pedders 2016, I believe

But thats not the point of this thread, after a very very bumpy and noisy ride home, I got down and checked out the springs, after putting my finger in between two of the coils I discovered that the 2 bump stops and actually touching each other,

So my question, Will this cause any damage to any major aspect of the vehicle, the place that did wrote on the receipt that it may cause it.

Also would it even be worth getting more slim bump stop, but the exhaust is only a good 5 cm off the ground so I fear if I was to do this the car would be rendered undriveable.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Don't worry too much about it. You'll be defected and putting it back to standard height in a week anyway. No damage will be done until then though

SloNLow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec
Haven't got a picture as of yet, but when I say exhaust I mean the piping underneath, considering just swapping back anyway due to the ride it now has, especially being a wagon

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
So my question, Will this cause any damage to any major aspect of the vehicle, the place that did wrote on the receipt that it may cause it.

So you have had work done and the Company that did it has given you written advice that their modifications will cause damage to your car (obviously they are laughing all the way to the bank having covered their butts as you now have no come back on this illegal modification) and you are happy with this?

Seriously, get your death trap off of public roads before the cops do it for you.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The obvious question is "Why the fark do you guys insist on buying this crap and wrecking your cars doing it, to say nothing of the safety and roadworthiness issues.?"

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
the bump stops are there to say, ok thats the max i can handle before ripping out the CV joints from your axles. yes you can get slimmer bumpstops but that doesnt mean no driveline problems soon to come.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Calaber, I really don't understand the obsession with making your car look like its dragging its nuts over the pavement either.