Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New SS Series 2

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
Can Holden do Lowered suspension when you order a new model? FE-2 / FE-3 looks nice, but it just doesnt sit low enough. I know i could lower it myself, but I'm going to be updating soon through a novated lease through work & after i get an exhaust, dark tint etc I'm not going to have much change left over!

Congrats on your purchase quincy cant wait to hear more about it once you get it out on the road.

No - Holden does not lower the suspension for you, would be nice though but the general public does not want "lowered" suspension me thinks

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
most dealers can lower your car if you ask, and normaly its a good price.

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
Yeah - bugger had if I known I would have got our demo wagon lowered BUT what they say NO because it voids the warranty?

2ndLook

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Maybe has to be done at the factory as an order then. I guess ill find out for sure soon enough. Thanks!

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Doesn't void the warranty if it's organised by your dealer. Most dealers will ship the car off to pedders to lower it with springs. Costs about $600 ish. Basically, you can organise for pretty much anything to be done pre-delivery and it will all be covered by warranty. However, you don't get a selection of brands and you tend to pay a premium for it. Still, you do get peace of mind that it's all under factory warranty. This is all done through the dealer, not the factory. Thing is, most quality aftermarket products come with their own warranty, which covers all the aspects that are voided in the manufacturer's warranty. So it's kind of like a one for one deal anyway.

ozi_musl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS M6
Congrats on your new car mate, I just sat in one today ss 6sp Man and it looks much better then series 1. It would be very nice buy!!!

Does anyone know if they have improved manual gearbox, because changing gears in that car today felt a lot smoother but at the same time was engaging gears much much better (sort of stiffer) than mine anyhow :( and i think it is also shorter.

Mike08

No Back seat drivers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute
Congrats on the new machine mate, no doubt you will love it.

Cheers.

LachieSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Poison Ivy SII SV6
Hey guys,

I got my SIDI Poison Ivy SV6 Series 2 Last Saturday 29/09, I LOVE IT, The interior is so nice and the seats provide much more support over the Series 1.

I am still on P Plates in Vic so i couldnt get the SS but im so happy with the Drive train the Gearbox is tight but smooth and the SIDI V6 is nice and smooth through the gears. definately recommend the Series 2!!!

i have already started getting quotes for Tuning and Lowering, so ill keep you guys posted.

I am still getting used to the Holden IQ Stereo, its a lot to learn with Storing CD's and bluetooth Streaming etc, but i think it will be a great thing.

thats my 2 cents worth on S2. great car. :D

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
series II been released late September / early October 2010