Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New SSV REDLINE fuel consumption?

CDVDEAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV REDLINE
Hey Guys,

Been a while since I've been active on any commodore forum and since my purchase, it looks like I'll be a lot more active

I just bought a new 2015 SSV Redline in auto (getting lazy these days) and it only had 9ks before I test drove it.

My concern so far is the fuel consumption. I know it's new and should let it wear in before I look at average consumption however I'm sitting on 30.7L/100kms and very concerned as I'm driving like a granny to wear it in!

Am I stressing for nothing and will this get better as time goes on or should I be concerned and if so what to do about it?

I've had the car for 3 days now.

xzclzj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
30.7L/100kms ? Did you drive around the CBD area in the past 3 days ?
Forget the fuel at the beginning couple thousand kms . The reading will drop down to the affordable range eventually。
The information i got from news and forums which says the average consumption of VF 2 will rises up to 12L/100 KMs or something kind like that ,but in the real-world , we all know it gonna be far higher than that.

Edit: i thought you were talking about VF2. My friend's MY15 SSV-Redline 's consumption is 14+ with 38KM average speed.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
-Good fuel or cheap **** fuel (i.e. E10)?
-Town or highway?
-Average speed in the cluster?

It's probably normal, it's still new and tight, and if you do a lot of town based driving don't even bother looking at consumption figures (mine tells me 250km from a full tank on a 100% town drive cycle).

CDVDEAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV REDLINE
I hardly do any highway driving.. Maybe 10% if that. Since I bought the car I have only ever driven it around the suburb (inner west Sydney). Got the car with a full tank and just filled another tank today with Caltex Vortex 98.. Did 16kms before the dial dropped slightly. Hope this improves!

My average speed is only at 12kms.. Still haven't done any trips over 15min..

Obviously an 8 will drink more however I really thought consumption would be much much less.. Even around town. It's not really an issue however, is this normal? if so, will it drop and when?

Plonker

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV Redline Ute & 2016 SSV Redline Sedan
Picked my SSV Redline ute up on Friday then took me 3 hours to get home from the dealers in peak hour Sydney Traffic. Average econ was up around 30l/100km. Now after 500ks Im down to 14.4l/100km.

CDVDEAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV REDLINE
Good to hear.. hoping mine drops as well!

cassgazz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV Redline
As per Senator01. We get around 11.5 around town, and have been down as low as 8.9 on the freeway.

Don't pay any attention to the display figures. It is only an "indication". When the wife takes the kids to & from school when it raining (only around 1km), if that is the only driving she does, the display can go up to 25 L/100km.
It slowly goes down as you do a longer trip, but you get a better figure when you manually calculate it yourself when filling up.

lowrider636

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SSV Redline Series 2
Stop start driving realy kills your economy