Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New style double din in VS

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I know there has been a number of threads over the years on double dins in VR/VS and needing to cut into heater box to fit.

Now that we have shallow double dins available (without disc players) has anyone fit a new style double din into the old girls?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I haven't done it, but the double din Sony XAV-AX100 will fit with very few mods. Almost like it's made for the early commodores.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I haven't done it, but the double din Sony XAV-AX100 will fit with very few mods. Almost like it's made for the early commodores.
Thanks! Supercheap have them on sale to Xmas - that’s handy!

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak

Can you share what mods you are talking about?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
It would be a case of cutting out the centre section between the radio pocket and the pocket below and some trimming of the top of lower pocket to allow the screen to come down. I’m going to assume there will be a 10-15mm gap between the bottom of the screen and the bottom of that lower pocket as well which should be easy enough to fill in.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
It would be a case of cutting out the centre section between the radio pocket and the pocket below and some trimming of the top of lower pocket to allow the screen to come down. I’m going to assume there will be a 10-15mm gap between the bottom of the screen and the bottom of that lower pocket as well which should be easy enough to fill in.
Thanks, I assumed to cut into pocket which I am happy to do, just wanted to avoid cutting into heater box.