Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NEW sub wiring help

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
we believe that the subs have 2 terminals, i just cant understand why there would be 2 terminals for one voice coil. Only thing I could think of would be for a sub with a huge power handling, like a DD9900 series, so you can hook 2 amps up to it. Posting a pic would be good

phree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
I believe you. I looked at it on the web. When i checked the sub and amp specs for those you posted.
Just seemed a bit strange at first. Marketing? More is better?

Anyway, as long as you like it, nothing else matters. Just be careful not to let the smoke out.

Cheers

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
Yeh. So just connect to one of the positives and one of the negatives. Shouldnt matter which one

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
thanks for that help guys.
also just wondering if i've got the gain and that turned right down on the amp, can i have the bass boost switch on? or leave it off? cheers

phree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
On or off, whatever sounds best to you. Just adjust the gain properly with it the way you want. i.e. If you set the gain with bass boost off then turn it on without readjusting the gain, you may cause the amp to clip at a lower volume. This is not good for your sub.

Personally, I prefer to use the hu eq to adjust this type of thing, not the amp. Fixed frequency boost is only helpful if the frequency it boosts is where you want it.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
Bass boost is better for when you're listening at lower volumes, and want the sound to be more 'full' and bassy at low volumes