Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New SV6 Ute - Hi's and Low's

steelsabre

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6 ute my12
Hey everyone,

I bought an SV6 ute about a month ago now, i friggin love it !

IMG_0883.jpg IMG_0953.jpg
: First Picture Clean :p Second after 2 weeks driving to work :p

I am 29 and on my green P's... long story but ill be off them within 8 months. The only thing i have done to it is add a k&n filter. Which i noticed added a massive in responsiveness.

Im not sure if its worthwhile doing any more mods to it. As ive read the returns on KW / Torque are not worth the price paid.

All up i paid $36600 with the 3 piece hard top and sports bar. All up i love the hardtop and sports bar. Im spewing about the sv6 price drop but oh well thats how the cookie crumbles.

I do have a couple of gripes with the V6 engine :

Namely the way i have to change 1st gear just before 2900rpm otherwise i loose all torque! :hmmm: I don't understand why that's the case but it blows! Otherwise everything else i am completely happy with. However i think as soon as im off my p plates i will be upgrading to an SS.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Nice looking ute mate.

The sidi motors are definitely skewed towards being economical (vs the equivalent V6 in a camaro in the US) - you may have some luck with a good tune - there are a couple of places in Sydney tuning the 6s. It will help to flatten out the torque curve a little.

The $/kw value certainly isn't there for the V6s but that's not to say that it's not worth doing some work. A few guys on here are modding their SV6s and seem to be very happy with the results. Have a flick through the My Ride threads to see their opinions and work done.

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
All in all your happy with it mate, and that's what matters.

If your going to change to an SS then I agree with you. Mod the SS instead