Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new sway bar link pin bushes making a knocking noise?

purekiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
ive recently purchased a sway bar link kit and installed it to what the specs said but it was to loose and i could hear the washers rattling so i did the nuts up a bit tighter and now im getting a knocking noise whenever i go over bumps or the car rolls from side to side im confused is it normal to make this noise?

REDNUT 80

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Evecutive wagon
is your car lowered and using standard sway bar links?

mine knock a bit and bend, but mine is on superlows, im thinking about upgrading to a stronger link set up

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
what brand you get? or holden oem

check u havnt cracked the rubbers already?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6

purekiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore

psycho_smurf

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Crewman V6
I was told you should leave the two upper washers (the curved ones) off as they hit against the mounts. Unfortunately I had already thrown my old ones away so couldn't check to see if they were the same size or not...

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
WASP are ****. poor quality and hollow. give it a few weeks and they will tear off

purekiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
all of the washers were flat unlike the original curved ones i took off, yea im thinking about just doing away with them and getting aftermarket holden ones, does anyone know where theres a good holden dealer near st peters that sells parts?

theghostoftime1978

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 vt berlina series 1 V6
COMMODORE HEAVY DUTY SWAY BAR LINK KIT VN VP VR VS VT (eBay item 230569545090 end time 02-Feb-11 10:20:21 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats this is the item that i got off ebay someone else had thread on here and said they got these and they were ok,the car is riding at standard height and the rubbers are only a couple weeks old and havnt broken, i checked the three bolts and they seem to be fine

wasp link pins suck ass, i have been thru 3 sets of these in 2 years The rubber compresses badly and will rattle. Finally installing nolathane ones today, they seem to fit better already.