Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New to diesel.

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
Gday all. Firslly apologies because this thread is about a navara, but instead of join another forum i thought id ask here because there are so many knowledgeable and helpful people on this forum, and this is as close a section i could find on 4x4 on here bar the pub. All this being the case hopefully it can help some rodeo owners too.

So as i am new to diesels i am asking for opinions and experiences on fuel saving techniques (my SS seems more economic) and things to watch out for besides the obvious like running out of juice or under inflating tyres etc.

Im just gathering all oils and filters, coolant hoses and thermostat together for its first service and would like to know if theres anything in particular i should be doing or looking at that i wouldnt normally do while servicing my commodore?

Thanks in advance for all replies and help from everyone. Heres a crappy pic for reference. Its a '97 D22 3.2 na with lots of dents and scratches, a different tub and its unbelieveably slow but meh it gets me where the SS wont ☺

aUDdTzU.jpg

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
You're on the right path will the filters etc, air filters must be well maintained in Diesel engines, Have your injectors cleaned and use a cetane improver in your fuel. The cetane rating of diesel is similar to octane rating for petrol, unlike most over the counter octane treatments, cetane treatments actually work, be sure to get one that contains a biocide element to prevent a fungal/bacterial infestation in your tank, lines, injector pump etc...
Finally, it's not your SS, obviously your driving style will affect fuel economy.