Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New to the VT

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
try brooky spares in wetherill park 8788 8888 is the number

you should change your name to 'BlueVT' lol

BlackVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
try brooky spares in wetherill park 8788 8888 is the number

you should change your name to 'BlueVT' lol

Thanks mate.. will check him out...

I was tempted to change my name or create a new login, but my Black VY will always be my baby, and hopefully one day, I will get another Black VY... :)

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Best thing for intake on an ecotec would be a forward facing plenum and OTR. Pod filter just sucks in the warm air from the engine bay.

BlackVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Yup, I was thinking of putting the pod in a box, but I don't know how to make the box... also I have a large after market radiator, so don't know if I have room... will have to take it to someone to see if I can get an OTR or a bigmouth CAI like I had on my VY... right now the pod filter is just sitting in the engine bay, sucking in hot air and being illegal.. :(

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
pick up a standard air box from a wrecker man, would be cheap. or you could spend alot more for very little power gain?!?!

BlackVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
pick up a standard air box from a wrecker man, would be cheap. or you could spend alot more for very little power gain?!?!

Well I have the standard airbox at home.. came with the bunch of spares, and all the pipes for the standard setup, plus a new panel filter... think I should just put all of them back together?

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
yeah at least your engine will be sucking in cold air :p plus you dont have that ridiculously loud induction noise

BlackVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
yeah at least your engine will be sucking in cold air :p plus you dont have that ridiculously loud induction noise

Groovy... will try to do that this weekend then... shouldn't be too hard I hope with all the parts there... but will give it a go...

Think I might have to sell some spare parts to fund some of the work I have to do for the body... included in my box of spares was even some king springs SSLs for the rears.... but we'll see if I want to put them on my car... but they should fetch an ok price... :)