Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New to the VT

BlackVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
pity i already have ssl's in my car hahaha

100-200 for the pair i'd say???

Hmmm... thats not too bad... I don't know if I want them for my car as I don't want it too low where I have problems getting over things... lol...

plus, the extra money might help with some of the work I have to do... maybe pay for half the clear coat of my roof... any idea how much that might be?

Sorry for all the questions, but just not used to the VT and been away from Commodores for too long... getting my Holden feet back slowly..

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
well i have ssl's as i said and i dont have a problem with getting over things hey.. compared to my std springs i have to take a bit more care but i dont have to go sideways over everything hahaha

i paid 500 for ssl's all round.. so 100-200 for 2 springs is decent i guess

BlackVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
well i have ssl's as i said and i dont have a problem with getting over things hey.. compared to my std springs i have to take a bit more care but i dont have to go sideways over everything hahaha

i paid 500 for ssl's all round.. so 100-200 for 2 springs is decent i guess

Thats cool... well thats something to look into to... but for now, I think I might sell them and use the money for more pressing matters, like getting the body work to look ok... Lol!

Hmm... still wondering where to go and get the clear coat done for the roof and how much that would cost...

I hope maybe in a few years time I will be able to get a VY again... I miss that car like crazy...

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
im assuming a panel shop yeah? i have a few panel shop customers around sydney.. where exactly are you.. pm me if you want

BlackVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
im assuming a panel shop yeah? i have a few panel shop customers around sydney.. where exactly are you.. pm me if you want

PM sent mate.. thanks alot...

I just need this panel work done on the car and I'll be quite happy with it...

Still going to check out the wreckers this weekend too, they might have some good parts.. :)

BlackVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Took the car for a drive yesterday and could smell burning rubber and the brakes are a bit soft... could the guy not have bled the brakes properly? They were new brakes he fitted on himself...

If the brakes need to be bled, can I do it myself or should I take it to a shop?

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
Stock air box with K&N panel filter. According to about 70% of the members on this forum (a recent poll) the K&N panel filter is better than any pod filter. I don't know the equation but K&N panel gives a bit more filter area, so slightly better air flow without the hot air problems

BlackVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Stock air box with K&N panel filter. According to about 70% of the members on this forum (a recent poll) the K&N panel filter is better than any pod filter. I don't know the equation but K&N panel gives a bit more filter area, so slightly better air flow without the hot air problems

Yup, thats what I'm thinking... Thats what I had with my VY and it was pretty nice... so might do the same thing again.

Was looking at the SS induction kits and stuff, with the growler thing... any opinions on that? Its just a less restrictive airflow I guess, but thats a good thing..