Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Top Gear

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
1:20 into it, ####ing dreadful.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I lasted 15 minutes, but I have a very high discomfort threshold.

In the end I nodded off.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Chris Harris has a good head for radio, and why does he have to shout?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Chris Harris has a good head for radio, and why does he have to shout?

Chris Harris
chris-harris-at-the-_600x0w.jpg

He is a part of Top Gear team
10 things you should know about new Top Gear presenter Chris Harris - Cars

Chris Evans (Mr Shouty) is on the left
99420926_29-05-2016_-_Episode_Top_Gear_2016_Blackpool_No_1_-_Picture_Shows_Chris_Evans_Matt_LeB-large_trans++tR1WRZ4lb6BOb1-FBRpn-lFGGjcI28awSNtOPAVs6pc.png

Top Gear opens with lowest audience in a decade as first episode with Chris Evans branded 'boring' by fans

CoffeeMonster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Exec/VE II SSV-Z
saw last night's ep, pretty good, they're really pushing evans into the background now :beer chug:

R

Risky

The pre-2002 TG wasn't bad. I've seen a number of episodes. Clarkson & Wilman were trying to lighten things up instead of making a boring review. After pre-2002 TG finished most of the presenters went to 5th Gear which is still a good show. I've always watched both. Everyone forgets to mention Jason Dawe who was on series 1 of new TG back in 2002.
189447996144bad42e6c234cf4a23d6cfcf4d48d.jpg

The problems with 2016 TG is that you have too many presenters. Chris 'Shouty McShoutface' Evans just shouts & pees off his guests. Matt 'Cardboard cutout' LeBlanc is just there counting the money he's getting paid. He's just there for US audiences. Chris 'Shouty II' I agree he's a great driver but again he just shouts. His YouTube channel doesn't have a large subscription base. He would have been better on 5th Gear. That Rory Reid bloke is trying to be cool with the younger crowd on the outtakes show. Eddie Jordan..... Christ on a crutch, he has to be the most boring person on the face of this planet. Sure he owned an F1 team but bloody hell, I'd rather have a conversation with paint drying on the wall in Antarctica than listen to him. Sabine is a great driver but I don't want to watch a show that shows off her American west saloon in Germany. The new track for the star in the rallycross car is crap. Most of the dirt & mud is flung on the track which affects the times on the other track. I lasted about 2 shows & fell asleep in both of them only to wake up when Shouty McShoutface Evans is screaming.

TG was entertaining yes, but now they've dumbed it down & you're shouted at.