Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New toy. VU ss VZ front conversion project.

elless1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
For most of my bogging duties i use rage evercoat gold in the pink tin. I bought a cheap tin of fiberglass
reinforced filler from supercheap. Same thing, called "metal tech" or whatever. Surprisingly isnt
too bad to work with a spreader. Much better than i thought.

With this bumper, i'm tossing up how far to take it. Whether i sit and get real fussy and make it perfect
or i wait for a dry day and just shoot it black and chuck it on the ute. To be honest the latter idea
is ahead. I've got too much **** on to be getting caught on my ute.

I'm going to have to find some heatbeads for my little heater and pull my finger out.
If i sit around waiting for the rain to stop, by the time it does i'll be to old to paint.

Last edited:

elless1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
So i got the bumper painted and fitted to the ute. Apon fitting i realised i had to cut
the body a bit,like someone else mentioned. Here's some photos.

IMG_2611.jpg

IMG_2612.jpg

IMG_2613.jpg

And i had to chuck the scooter on the back to get it roadworthied so i got a shot
of it on the ute.

IMG_2619.jpg

Got the exhaust fitted yesterday and new o2 sensors and when i got the ute back
it was running like a dog. Undriveable almost. Missing badly,no power.
Going back this morning to see if they have the old o2 sensors. The utes
a lot louder.

When i get it all sorted i'll get some better photos of the ute.

Cheers.

elless1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Turns out the o2 sensors wheren't done up (not the problem)
and a spark plug was cracked (culprit).

For anyone playing at home.

Photos to come.

R

Risky

Brilliant work as always mate. I've been showing this thread & your cafe racer one to the guys who painted my ute & they were impressed. John has a VU SS and was talking about a dual exhaust system & I brought this thread up for him.

We did both of our roof linings yesterday. John painted his white interior trim pieces and it came out excellent. I've been buying my anthracite trim with only the A pillars to do. I'll post photos later.

elless1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Glad i can help somehow. And thanks for the kind words from everybody.

To you guys following my build i had a sad day yesterday with the ute. Someone
decided to plow into the front of it with enough force to snap the drivers side front wheel off.
I'm just hoping she doesnt get written off.

I've seen a few commys with the ve ss badges they look pretty good. If i get my ute
back i'll either do that or pull the badges off. Still cant believe the ute got wrecked.
She's very uninsured money wise compared to what ive put into it, just have to see what happens.

Risky, your mates might like the scooter build, heres the link.

https://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183112

Just got the scooter regoed yesterday. Theres a custom bike and automobile showroom near me,
i'm going to ride it there and see if theyre keen on it at all. They have a bunch of random **** there and
hopefully it's up there ally.

I'll keep you guys posted on the outcome of the ute.

cheers.

R

Risky

What a p#*!k of a thing to happen to your ute mate. I hope no one was injured. They must have slammed into it pretty hard to snap the driver side wheel right off. I hope you get yourself another ute as I know you enjoyed working on yours. The work you did on it was brilliant.

I bookmarked that link & I'll check it out later.

Let us know what happens.

elless1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Well after a week of being in hospital and other things happening,the utes being fixed
and hopefully should have it back next week. The calais international has been on daily
duties and the stumble that the motor has is just giving me the shits.

After pricing up even just the parts to do the lifters ive decided to go with a 2nd hand
motor. Managed to pick up a low kay (150k) ls1 out of a holden adventura. probably
throw some extractors at it (old ones off the ute) and call the calais good.

I'm just hoping when i get the ute back the repairs are up to scratch. I think the panel
beaters where a bit surprised the other week when i went in there and told them what i'd
done to the front of the ute paintwise and didnt realise i knew what i was talking about.

Sadly i think had i not gone in there the qoute for the repairs would have been a lot more and
the ute might have been written off.

Hopefully soon i'll have some pics to throw up.

Cheers.

R

Risky

I hope you do get it all repaired mate. It would have been a shame to have seen it in a wreckers yard.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Ahh man that's a real shame to hear. Unfortunately you can't insure all the hard work you put into your pride and joy. That's the bad bit about being an enthusiast. Glad to hear they are fixing it and hope you're doing OK health wise too mate.