Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New toy. VU ss VZ front conversion project.

elless1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Thanks guys. The year hasn't been the greatest. If the ute had been written off i probably would have
not bothered with commodores anymore.

This was my baby not that long ago-

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

After the death of my dad and a downward spiral, this happened-

IMG_1712.jpg

Luckily no-one was injured.

Long story short without making too much of a sad sob story, i got less than 12k
from insurance, and the car was wrecked.They were'nt going to pay out either as there
where no other cars involved. She had 100k on it and was original except for the
cam,trans,exhaust,suspension and brakes, i spent a small fortune on.

Still had the original stereo and drivers kit with the torch pocket light and tire pressure gauge.
The car was mint.

Probably one of tidiest vx2 clubbys there was. Still breaks my heart thinking about it.

Going in to the panel beater tomorrow and see where theyre at with the ute,also dropping
the blue girl off for her new motor. I'll keep yas up to date.

Thanks for looking and the kind words.

elless1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
So, the promised photos have been few and far between, decided to get
off my arse and get some snaps of the ute. Ute was fixed,they did a good job
and the calas has it's new heart and is also running good.

Here's some pics of the ute. She's been cleaner, but i'm a bit sore to wash and polish
it right now.

IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2748.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2754.jpg

IMG_2755.jpg

IMG_2756.jpg

I'm going to pull the ss badges off today, don't know whether i'll leave it debadged
or go for the ve badges.

Cheers.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
They did a good job, still looks like a VZ! :D

I like the VE SS badges too, mine only has one SS badge so cbf to change it...

R

Risky

They did a bloody good job on it mate. At least it's back in your hands.

The VX-VU SS badges are a bit naff now. If you are going for VE-VF SS badges, buy the SS for the tailgate/boot as they are smaller than the ones on the side. The smaller ones look better as you can see in the pic. The best thing I like about these SS badges is that you can paint the centres or as I saw in one set the guy used that carbon fibre wrap on the insides.
393518dc-0060-4cd5-938b-1e5d95ab003c_1.jpg

I like your old Clubby & it was a shame with the accident. That silver makes it timeless. Sorry to hear about your old man. When mine passed away in 2007 I was like yourself... lost. I learnt a lot off my old man & even with his tools I have in the garage, not a day passes by that I think of him. I know he'd have loved my ute & if it was up to him he would have stolen the keys, loaded up his fishing gear & be out fishing for half the day.

The dual exhaust came out great. I reckon you'll still do more work on it as I did with mine. The strut tower brace goes in mine tomorrow & a good bargain from Holden at $55 trade price.

Last edited by a moderator:

elless1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Thats a bargain.

I miss my old man all the time. If he could see half the **** going on the world today i could only imagine what he'd have to say.
I miss the clubby too but i had a lot of **** happening at the same time, death of dad,workers comp battle,failed surgery,other
health problems,missus leaving etc etc. Luckily i'm still here to be honest.

Anyway swings and roundabouts.

I got the old badges off after scraping the adhesive **** off with my fingernail for about 20mins and i like it
without the badges,for now anyway.

Next jobs for the ute are to spray some caps i have to go in the bumperettes to cover the bolts
and when the sunny weather comes back i need to fit the plastic rear quarter i have for the passenger side.
I've painted it, just need to buff it and fit it. Not a job i'm really looking forward to but anyway.

The twin 3" exhaust has a great note to it. Sounds deep and solid and not offensive which is good.

I've noticed both the car and the ute bog around corners. Almost like you have your foot half on the brake
then let it off as the car straightens up. I'm guessing theres **** in the fuel pump strainer maybe? Anyone else whos
had this or might know what it is,advice would be appreciated. Both cars are ls1's if that helps.

Ta.

R

Risky

Next jobs for the ute are to spray some caps i have to go in the bumperettes to cover the bolts
and when the sunny weather comes back i need to fit the plastic rear quarter i have for the passenger side.
I've painted it, just need to buff it and fit it. Not a job i'm really looking forward to but anyway.

The bumperette caps are easy to do.

When you're doing the rear quarter, and it is a bit fiddly, you need to take the inside plastic trim that goes around the window out. Careful as they are held on by 2 clips & 2 screws. Don't worry about the seat belt, just let them hang there. You'll have better access to take out the glass. Check the rubber around the glass as it perishes over time. Holden don't have many left so if they are persishing, it might be worth it to buy the driver & passenger one. you may need to take off the hard lid & undo the screws & bolts holding the plastic sailplane. Taking them off are fiddly as well as well as the plastic rear upper moudling around the brake light as that's held in by clips (you can buy a $40 kit from Holden that has clips & double sided tape but if you save the clips you only need to buy good double sided tape.

elless1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Thanks risky. What a stuff around.lol. ill make sure to check this out when i pull it apart. i can see why the bloke who
had the ute before me put tape on the crack.

On the upside the brakelight surround on the back window is a bit faded. Might be a chance to re-clear it while it's off.
Or try to buff it.

R

Risky

I'd check all the pieces while you're at it. The last thing you want to do is take it all off again.

elless1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Thanks mate, dash fascia turned to **** and i was doing other projects at the time
and it ended up in the bin. Probably a good thing, ive got better ideas for that.

Havnt updated the ute thread much but she got a new deck and there was already
wiring (for about 3 amps) in the car from before so i chucked in an amp
and a bazooka tube, 8" sub. I tossed up doing twin 10" enclosures for the back
but just couldnt be stuffed.

Sounds alright and cost stuff all except for that tube. Already had kenwood speakers
in the doors apparently.

Cheers.