Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New TV's

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Hey all...

Long story short, I sell TV's for a large mainstream electronics retailer.

I want to get people's opinions/feedback/etc on what people are liking/looking for in new TV's. If you were to buy your next panel for a living room. I'm looking at higher end panels. Samsung/LG/Sony/Panasonic.

Opinions on what you would be looking at and why!
Cheers.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Decent remote keyboard for smart TVs, not the usual slow types.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
OLED - for its amazing brightness and contrast.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
OLED are phenomenal. The price is down to the manufacturing costs..

It actually makes me laugh the amount of people who scoff at the cost of an OLED panel, yet in the next sentence say how their last TV (plasma) was amazing and cost them thousands and thousands. lol.

Sony and Panasonic are now doing OLED's, with LG now.

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
plasma......

still running 2 50" Panasonics in lounge rooms and love them, just not a fan on LCD looks fake to me, the LG in bedroom 42" LCD is average compared to the Panasonics.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
ease of use , clarity of picture , sound quality , I find my current Panasonic 50" LCD is good in all of these , and its even better when I switch on 7.1 surround sound , I did look at a Samsung and a LG , but found the picture quality a bit naff on them

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
plasma......

still running 2 50" Panasonics in lounge rooms and love them, just not a fan on LCD looks fake to me, the LG in bedroom 42" LCD is average compared to the Panasonics.

Our 2009 Panasonic 50"plasma in the family room still has a great picture. Might be the 600hz subfield. No plans on replacing it until it dies.

Having said that, the 60" Samsung 4K UHD LED LCD in the theatre room has a very good picture.....esp with 4K content. Running through the Denon AV receiver and Bose Accoustimass system, it is a very enjoyable experience.

The 2009 LG 42" plasma outside is another story. Picture is OK but not the quality of the Panasonic. The Panasonic "theatre in a box" surround sound hooked up to that sounds OK, but again, not a patch on the Bose system.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Our 2009 Panasonic 50"plasma in the family room still has a great picture. Might be the 600hz subfield. No plans on replacing it until it dies.

Having said that, the 60" Samsung 4K UHD LED LCD in the theatre room has a very good picture.....esp with 4K content. Running through the Denon AV receiver and Bose Accoustimass system, it is a very enjoyable experience.

The 2009 LG 42" plasma outside is another story. Picture is OK but not the quality of the Panasonic. The Panasonic "theatre in a box" surround sound hooked up to that sounds OK, but again, not a patch on the Bose system.

I've got a Pioneer AV unit , with Wharfdale crystal set up , those out of box systems are good as a entry level , but the separate's option is the way to go ,

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I have a very expensive $5k Sony Bravia that has great picture and great sound rigged up to my Yamaha receiver and 5.1 system with dual fronts

If I was to upgrade, connectivity be the main issues for me

I want optical and HDMI connectivity with at least 4 HDMI input and also optical and HDMI output with optical

Also Wi-Fi

And connectivity to Freeview BUT also USB and ability to use a wireless keyboard and mouse with a TV with web browser

That's what I would want