Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New TV's

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I want optical and HDMI connectivity with at least 4 HDMI input and also optical and HDMI output with optical

I'd expect all new TVs would have optical out these days ? Maybe OP can confirm.

There is HDMI ARC (which is two way) but I've heard a number of reports on its unreliability on the out stream. Optical is fine.

In terms of HDMI in, if you run everything through your amp, the number of HDMI in on the TV becomes almost irrelevant. Just one for the amp and everything else into the amp so the number of HDMI on the amp is the key.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
those out of box systems are good as a entry level

Yeah, it's fine for the outdoor area. Still makes a decent sound and it only cost me a carton from a mate so winning. I didn't want anything expensive outside.

The outside TV only cost $150 off Gumtree. All up I think I spent around $400 including the TV, sound system, wall bracket, speaker cable, cable clips, cover for the TV etc to set up the outside system so I have a pretty cheap outdoor theatre which does its job for watching sport, music dvds etc.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Yeah, it's fine for the outdoor area. Still makes a decent sound and it only cost me a carton from a mate so winning. I didn't want anything expensive outside.

The outside TV only cost $150 off Gumtree. All up I think I spent around $400 including the TV, sound system, wall bracket, speaker cable, cable clips, cover for the TV etc to set up the outside system so I have a pretty cheap outdoor theatre which does its job for watching sport, music dvds etc.

It's amazing how cheap some of them are , for what they are , there OK

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I'd expect all new TVs would have optical out these days ? Maybe OP can confirm.

There is HDMI ARC (which is two way) but I've heard a number of reports on its unreliability on the out stream. Optical is fine.

In terms of HDMI in, if you run everything through your amp, the number of HDMI in on the TV becomes almost irrelevant. Just one for the amp and everything else into the amp so the number of HDMI on the amp is the key.

All decent panels have Optical out. HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) is definitely the way to go coupled with Optical. Get the audio to get signal via the optical, and take control of the volume adjustment with the panel's remote via ARC.