Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New tyres

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Yeh I saw they put them up a few weeks ago snips was surprised. Happy with 452's? They are cheap 2 Yokohama ES1000 275/30/20 for $500 :)

so far so good with the 452s. Not a noisy tyre at all and seem to have plenty of grip. Still haven't really taken to them in anger but the sidewalls seems to be nice and solid. Weather permitting, I'll go for a bit of a run tomorrow and see what happens.

wake jake

Reaction score
Members Ride
SIDI SV6 Ute
so far so good with the 452s. Not a noisy tyre at all and seem to have plenty of grip. Still haven't really taken to them in anger but the sidewalls seems to be nice and solid. Weather permitting, I'll go for a bit of a run tomorrow and see what happens.

I only have them on the front and they go great through the windy stuff up the mountains and in wet no problems. Once the 275 Yokos go on the rear will definitely be putting some on the rear to match and now that they have the 275s on ebay:) A great bang for your buck tyre

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON

any more reports tinsnips, looking at the falkens as the khumos couldnt hack it in the rear department, they seem to wear a little quick :)

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
any more reports tinsnips, looking at the falkens as the khumos couldnt hack it in the rear department, they seem to wear a little quick :)

Found the same thing with the Kumhos I had. The 452s seem very good. Everything was cut short today due to weather but, all in all, they seem a very sticky tyre. Not sure what sort of wear I'll get out of them since they're so sticky but I'd be happy if they match the Kumhos. They're definitely a step up in terms of grip and control. sharper turn in and more grip under braking are the really noticeable differences between the two. Felt very solid driving back in the wet too - so pretty happy with them. I found the kumhos gripped better than the stock bridgestones (though turn in wasn't as sharp) and these are a significant jump forward. Hard to know how they'd compare to a michelin pilot sport without driving them back to back but it would be very close. I think, for day to day driving, it would be tough to do better - they feel much better than the price would suggest.

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
Iam getting my tyres done this week and found these Federal (595s) 245/45/18 for $190 by the reviews they seem good just wanted to know if anyone has them and are they a noisy tyre they state that they are quiet but nothing like someone who has them.
FEDERAL SS-595 ULTRA HIGH PERFORMANCE 245/45/18 (595'S) 96W
Cheers Eddie

wake jake

Reaction score
Members Ride
SIDI SV6 Ute
Got told on another forum that the 595 split and he through 7 sets warranty tyres and gave up and should be avoided but they might have fixed the issue just a note

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
Thx mate iam thinking as well about the falken fk452 245/45/18 think a few ppl have this and seem to be good as well there $60 a tyre more but thx for the heads up wake jake i will look into it

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
could be useful Federal SS595 SUPER STEEL - tyre reviews, the online tyre guide

I honestly didn't have a problem with the Kumho KU31s I had on before (shop around and you can get them for a steal!). The sidewalls are on the soft side and they don't last a huge amount of time (around 20,000) but did have plenty of grip on wet and dry roads. Though I must say that the FK452s are confidence inspiring. The ute feels very sure-footed and connected. And like I said, the turn in is noticeably sharper. Haven't toyed too hard with their limitations as they're still bedding in - but a bit of a blast through the twisties this morning felt much more controlled than it has previously.

Homer's HSV

Homer Simpson
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE E3 Clubsport
I was looking for reviews and i couldnt find much again tinsnips presses the right buttons lol
i think after reading that might go the FK452s can get them for 1 grand fitted think thats ok