Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New tyres

maka5

-=U=-
Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SS M6
I've got those federal 595 (275-30-20) on the rear wheels and they actually not that bad. I mean u get what u pay for so for the money they are ok..
Has anyone tried Continental SportContsct 3 on ve ss?? I can get them for rather cheap, just havent came across any ve ss with them. Just got a set for the misses' old man to put on his golf r32 and he's wrapped with them. SportContact 3's for around $300 a corner gotta be worth it.

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
so they must be the same back and front? example 30 and 30 profile? cause i have my car as we speak to change into the new rims i ordered and they said they will put 30 profile back and 35 front... i should ring them and tell them to put 30 on the front too?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Sounds odd to me. I'd at least be ringing for clarification. I know with 20s you sometimes need to go a little wider to get the load rating - but, aside from effectively giving slightly more torque (smaller rolling diameter) I can't see any benefit in having 30s on the rear. 35 profile would be the appropriate size for 20s on a VE, I would have thought. I'm certainly not an expert, but I would definitely be asking them why and what the load rating is.

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
He told me that performancewise you need to have a bigger profile tyre at the front than the back, not that ill be speeding, and for the back tyre profile, because its 275 on the 20x10 you need to have a smaller profile cause as you said that you need to go a bit wider for the load rating.