Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New tyres

fluked

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman
i've currently got my 245/40/R19 bridgestone potenzas on my WM Statesman i got a puncture the other week so i need to replace one of my tires and was thinking bout just replacing the back 2 as theyre on like 40-50% tread or so.
ive been looking at the 245/35/19 bridgestone adrenalines but i havent heard any good/bad reviews on them. does anyone have any tyre advice?
i dont want anything too cheap and nasty and dont want anything that will be noisy.

any advice appreciated. cheers

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Depending on how much tread is on the front tyres. Placing new tyres on the rear of the VE series cars fitted with ESP will result in the ESP activating unnecessarily (realy annoying). The new tyres will need to be fitted on the front wheels unless you choose to buy all 4.

I went through this issue at Christmas last year.. However it is dependant on overall tread as mentioned. As a guide, if the front have only 40 - 30% or or worse tread remaining, fitting new tyres to the rear will play up with the ESP.

Something to consider.

fluked

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman
the fronts have quite a lot of tread on them. The ESP hasnt been playing up with 1 stocky on the back. do you think if i were to change the tyre profile of the back ones to 35s it would screw with the ESP because the fronts would be 40s?

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
do you think if i were to change the tyre profile of the back ones to 35s it would screw with the ESP because the fronts would be 40s?

It's all to do with the amount of tyre wall flex. I would stick with the required profile otherwise if it does it may be costly. Up to you.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
putting 35s on will mean the rolling diameter is altered more than 15mm - which equals unroadworthy.

If you're changing two tyres... the older set should go to the back - new to the front. I'm yet to find a tyre shop that doesn't do this by default.

Just had Falken FK452s fitted to mine - only yesterday though so they're still bedding in - will take it for a run this weekend and see how they stick. LOTS of resoundingly good reports on them though - and they're a bit of a bargain!