Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New V6 is a Stunner - V6TT SS anyone?

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
thanks gren.
answers the wear and tear questions :p

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Falcon has had a V6 for years

IMG_3378_zpsc1dd3bd0.jpg

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Would make me seriously think about getting back in a product made by the General. GM have never really stepped up into the FI world, good to see.

Agreed.

Just a note, that the turbine housing is integrated into the manifold. Which in itself in an interesting design.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Agreed.

Just a note, that the turbine housing is integrated into the manifold. Which in itself in an interesting design.
IE: **** to upgrade for more power

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
TT V6 , plan has been about for a while , wait and see if it graces our shores .

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
On the start stop tech I read and saw a picture of a 4 Cly that used some that looked like Starter/Alternator. Was supposed to spin the engine fast enough to take off and start the engine at the same time. Similar way when someone crank the engine with the clutch engaged. The drive belt looks like some that came from a Harley Davidson.

One thing that people need to be aware of Caddy engines, they are too expensive to repair. I know some people with Caddies, specially with the Northstar V8. They have some maintenance unfriendly engines.

But knowing GM, these engines might be only for Cadillac. Is the only division that I know that makes its own engines and does not share them. A Caddy "shared engine" was the Oldsmobile Shortstar that came in a form of a 3.5 V6 (LX5) and 4.0L V8 (L47) Aurora engine.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
IE: **** to upgrade for more power

Exactly ;) depending on turbo sizing, it'd probably do for the average cookie cutter holden owner either way.