Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New VE Commodore

Steve78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV
Finally upgraded my VX Commodore to the VE Commodore Omega yesterday! What can I say...love the design and feel :)

I just have one issue...the stereo. It seems to be integrated with the AC!
Has anyone been able to replace the centre console with an aftermarket unit?

Appreciate it if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers
Steve

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
nope no way, falcons have been like this since 2002 with the ba's, all one unit now fella, the ve's system aint all that bad tho maybe just upgrade the speakers a little and there maybe also a low level output on these systems im not 100% tho

vykeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 2007
:thumbsup:Soon after buying my VE I replaced the two front speakers with a pair of splits.
To do it properly I replaced the tweeters in the top of the dash with the new ones and mounted the crossover networks for them in the doors and run new wires up to the new tweeters. (Obviously I also replaced the door speakers.)
I also replaced the rear door speakers with better quality of the same size.
With just this minor alteration costing less than $300 the system sounded a heap better.
I agree, there's not a lot wrong with the existing H/U. Just like the VY-Z H/U it needs tweeking, from which you get a lot of quality sound without the attraction to those who want to own your system without paying for it.
I added Phreddys mods to my VY H/U and it was equal to, and better than a lot of the replacements with the pretty lights, maintaining all the flexability of the standard controls etc.
Hope that helps, trust me it worked wonders.
Keith.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
is the a low level outputs for the amps??

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
r.c.a output's for power amp's

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
I have spent a little over $6000 on the stereo in my new VE. Let me tell you it sounds AMAZING!!! It is a purely Sound Quality based system and I had my doubts about the stock H/U letting me down. But let me tell you it is brilliant! Everything is so clear and crisp I couldn't believe it. The H/U's don't have RCA outs for integration with amps but I used a very hight quality LOC for the front splits (green box) and a cheaper (but still good) quality LOC for the rear speakers (black box behind the green one). All you do is splice into the speaker line outputs in the back of the H/U which then goes into the LOC's and then they convert the signals into signals suitable for the RCA inputs on the amps. You then just run RCA's from the LOC's to the amps. The black box standing upright on the left is the Crossover for the front splits it fitted in nicely there. And the little clear box up the top with the green board and solder joints etc is a Remote turn on converter. As the H/U's don't come with a remote turn on wire which triggers the amps to turn on you need one of these which is also spliced into one of the speaker wire outs which then detects when there is music playing and then sends the signal to the amps to turn on. This all happens instantly so there is no lag from when you turn the car/H/U on and when the amps kick in. So with all these converters hooked up the H/U acts as an aftermarket H/U and you can hook up as many amps as you like then. I myself just use a very high quality Tru Technology amp which is hand made in California the amp itself cost me $2000. I thought I wouldn't get the true quality it can produce as the H/U would let it down but let me tell you it sounds Magic!!!

Attachments

• DSC015511.jpg
    DSC015511.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 17,830

joshtaylor87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina
There's a Vortec turbo and intercooler right there!

Yeah lol I know but hey if I was interested to 'go fast' I would have just bought an SS and had $5000 left over to spend on performance mods. But because of my age with insurance etc and just the fact that I don't think I could handle a fast car just yet, I would want to do stupid things and get myself or others hurt in the process. So I decided to just stick with a 6 for now and do it up for looks and comfort keep it for a few years and then when I'm a bit more mature and experienced I will get a 'fast car' and make it faster lol. But for now I'm happy with the 6 heaps quick enough for me.

2rk2nv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S-pack Cruiser
hey vy keith , how did u get doors off? i tried for ages but im stiuck, found 2 skrews in arm rest, 2 on bottom, 1 behind door handle thing dats all, is their one nehind elctric window switch?? how do i get to it???

HELP!!!! lol thnx mate

whitey66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Sedan
Pull it away from the door sharply,it's held on with clips.